Mercy Health — Fairfield Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program is dedicated to preparing clinical pharmacists by providing a curriculum in accordance with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) standards. Residents are routinely evaluated on the following goals:
- Prepare, dispense, and manage medications to support safe and effective drug therapy for patients.
- Ensure a continuity of care during patient transitions between care settings.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate and investigate practice, review data, and assimilate scientific evidence to improve patient care and/or the medication use system.
- Provide effective medication and practice-related education to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, students, and the public.
- Demonstrate ability to manage formulary and medication-use processes.