Mercy Health – Cincinnati Presents Free, Family-Friendly Healthy Happy Heart Wellness Event in Anderson Township on Saturday, February 25
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, which provides advanced, quality, compassionate care in your neighborhood through its care network, invites you to join us for a free, family-friendly afternoon of fun when it presents the Healthy Happy Heart Wellness Event from noon-4 p.m. on Saturday, February 25 at Anderson Center, located at 7850 Five Mile Road, Cincinnati, OH 45230.
At this free event, you can:
- Listen to top doctors present insightful heart-related information:
- 1 p.m., “Mind Over Heart Health” presented by nurse practitioner Tracey Vitori PhD, M.Ed, RN, ACNP
- 2 p.m., “Get to the Heart of the Matter: How to Lower Your Heart Disease Risk” presented by interventional cardiologist Vanshipal Puri, MD, FACC, FSCAI
- 3 p.m., “Cardiac Surgery: Innovative Treatment Options” presented by cardiothoracic vascular surgeon Mohi O. Mitiek, MD
- Talk with a Doc at educational tables:
- Learn about dissolvable stents from interventional cardiologist Jason Paquin, MD, FACC, FSCAI
- Learn about treatment options for atrial fibrillation from electrophysiologist Rajinder Singh, MD, FACC
- Get active and learn new skills:
- Cardiac yoga classes (registration required), 1 p.m. or 3 p.m., limited to 14 people per session
- Heart healthy cooking demonstrations (registration required), 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m.; 2:30 p.m.; 3:30 p.m., limited to 40 people per session
- Love your heart!
- See pacemakers, cardioverter defibrillators and other implanted devices
- Get your blood pressure checked and other health screenings
- Sign up for the 2017 American Heart Association’s Mercy Health Heart Mini Marathon and Walk
- Enjoy small luxuries including red wine tasting and healthy snacks
- Learn about open heart surgery, non-invasive cardiac testing, echocardiography, electrophysiology studies, cardiac rehab, cardiac catheterization lab, heart failure services, stroke care, Mercy Health —The Heart Institute, Mercy Health Physicians and much more available from Mercy Health – Anderson and Clermont Hospitals
- Enjoy children’s activities, including seeing Anderson Township Fire & EMS vehicles up close, meeting the Hamilton County Sheriff Department K9 Unit and face painting
The Healthy Happy Heart Wellness Event is free but space is limited. Please call or register online today. Visit mercy.com, click “News and Events,” select “Events” and find “Healthy Happy Heart Wellness Event,” or call 513-95-MERCY, press 2, and then press 1.