OPTIFAST® Weight Loss Program
Why the OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program is Successful
The OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program succeeds because it treats the whole you – not just your weight. With the OPTIFAST Weight Loss Progam, you’ll be closely monitored and given the support, counseling, lifestyle education, and meal replacements to help you enjoy long-term weight loss and significantly reduce weight-related health risks.*
- Meal replacement diet: Narrowing your food choices helps you work towards weight loss and management by controlling the amount and types of food you eat.
- Medical supervision: Utilizes the expertise of medical professionals to help you lose weight safely.
- Lifestyle education: Helps you achieve and sustain better health through nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes.
- Counseling: Individual and group counseling by experts who understand your challenges.
- Ongoing personalized support: Included both during and after weight loss to help you achieve and maintain success.
Follow-up studies at five years showed over 45% of patients kept enough weight off to improve their health long term2
Long-Term Weight Management
The OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program experts recognize that a key to successful weight management is periodic or continuous involvement in a weight management program.
The real solution lies not in the weight loss, but in weight management: helping patients maintain a healthy weight over time, particularly in the first year after completing the OPTIFAST Weight Loss program is the key to long-term results.
The OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program's medical monitoring includes:
- A thorough preliminary medical examination and any necessary lab tests to determine your health status and rule out any risk factors.
- A personalized weight loss plan based on your health status and weight loss goals.
- Continued guidance and medical monitoring of your progress, health, and well-being throughout the course of treatment.
- Communication with your primary care physician, as necessary.
More and more, clinical studies suggest medically-monitored, weight-management programs are safe, effective and help individuals address and modify behaviors to encourage long-term weight management.
Simple and effective, OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program meal replacements allow you to benefit from:
- High-quality, complete nutrition
- Pre-portioned and calorie-controlled servings
- Quick and simple preparation
- Freedom from having to make food choices
Positive change can occur quickly. In addition to losing weight, you will improve your health, learn new, healthier eating habits and engage in activities so that when you return to self-prepared foods, you are better equipped to manage your weight long term.
Once you begin, you’ll progress through the three Program phases: Patient Journey
Active Weight Loss Phase: During the 18-week Active Weight Loss Phase, you’ll use an OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program full or partial meal replacement diet and receive weekly medical monitoring. In addition, you’ll attend weekly group sessions under the care of a behaviorist, registered dietitian and/or exercise specialist.
Transition Phase: During the 6-week Transition Phase, you’ll transition to regular foods, continue to participate in weekly group sessions, and meet with a dietitian each week.
Long-Term Weight Management Phase: The Long-Term Weight Management Phase is ongoing, and can include partial OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program meal replacement and partial regular food, as well as ongoing support.