Which Solution is Right for Me?
Weight loss is an intensely personal journey. It’s never “one size fits all.” That’s why we offer a personalized approach. From non-surgical programs to bariatric surgeries, our weight management solutions are designed to work for you. A good place to start is to know your Body Mass Index (BMI).
CALCULATE YOUR BMI
Designed for patients who:
- Have a BMI of 35 or more or who struggle with a BMI of 40 or more and another condition such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol or sleep apnea
- Are considering making diet and lifestyle changes
- Want to decrease their dependency on medications
Designed for patients who:
- Have a BMI of 30 or more, or struggle with a BMI of 27 or more and have another condition such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol or sleep apnea
- Want support overcoming emotional barriers to weight loss
- Appreciate the supervision of a physician, along with a comprehensive health care team
Mercy Health’s Commitment to Helping You Be Well
- Accredited Bariatric Center of Excellence®
- Lifetime post-surgical care with no additional cost
- Surgical options, including Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass or Banding and Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, performed by fellowship-trained surgeons
- Ongoing behavioral, nutritional and fitness counseling, support groups, cooking classes and social opportunities
- Complimentary Mercy Health – HealthPlex memberships and personal training at the only dedicated, private fitness facilities in the region designed for weight-challenged patients
Attend a no-obligation in-person seminar to learn more about your weight loss options.
Surgical & Non-Surgical Weight Loss Programs
Our team of experts is here to help you determine if weight loss surgery or a non-surgical weight loss program is right for you.
We have an experienced team of fellowship-trained bariatric surgeons, board certified physicians—including a bariatrician, certified nurse practitioners, dietitians and a complete group of health professionals who help patients lose weight through physician-supervised weight loss programs and our comprehensive surgical weight loss options, including the LAP-Band® System, REALIZE™ System, Adjustable Gastric Banding, Gastric Bypass Surgery, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Revision Surgery.
We also offer prescription weight loss medications to help you lose weight and decrease your appetite. As well we are the only program in Greater Cincinnati to offer the OPTIFAST® Meal Replacement (non-surgical) weight loss program. This is a medically supervised weight management program that closely monitors and assesses progress towards better health and emotional well-being. The program, which usually lasts 26 weeks, utilizes a full or partial meal replacement plan that transitions to self-prepared "everyday meals," in conjunction with comprehensive patient education and support.
FREE Surgical & Non-Surgical Weight Loss Information Sessions
Attend a free, no-obligation in-person seminar to learn more about your surgical and non-surgical weight loss options.