Commitment to Nursing Quality
At Mercy Health, we make lives better – mind, body and spirit. Our focus on quality can be seen each step of the way in the care and attention we provide patients - from their first appointment to discharge and beyond.
Mercy Health nurses are a key part of the quality and safety goals of our ministry. Our nurses find the support and systems they need to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, equitable and always patient-centered. Key initiatives include:
- All Mercy Health nurses enjoy a robust and individualized program of orientation. Whether you are a new graduate looking for a residency program designed to help you grow as a professional, or a seasoned nurse looking to make a change, we have an orientation program that will provide a seamless transition to practice.
- All Mercy Health hospitals participate in the Nursing Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI). Our membership in NDNQI allows us to benchmark our nursing outcomes and practice environment with other high-performing hospitals around the country.
- Mercy Health has partnered with Lippincott to give all of our nurses access to the full suite of Lippincott Advisor and Procedure resources available immediately at the point of care. With Lippincott, Mercy Health nurses enjoy immediate access to up-to-date nursing knowledge and best practices.
- All Mercy Health hospitals utilize Epic electronic health records (known as CarePATH at Mercy Health) to coordinate patient information, streamline nursing documentation and make sure up-to-date information is shared with all caregivers.
- Mercy Health has partnered with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to leverage IHI tools and resources to share best practices and ideas.