Advanced pediatric care right here in Toledo
Temporary Visitor Restrictions
Mercy Health is commited to the health of our patients, visitors, health care providers and communities. Please note that our hospitals have updated visitor restrictions to allow limited visitors on site.
Please note that we will continue to restrict all visitors from our COVID-19 units although our teams will be happy to assist with creating virtual visit opportunities. Additionally:
- Two visitors (parent/guardian) with pediatric patients.
- Two visitors for Labor & Delivery patients.
- One visitor for all admitted patients, including ER patients (excluding COVID-19 patients)
- Visitors must wear a mask and are asked to bring their own mask if available. Mercy Health will provide a mask for those who don’t have their own.
- All visitors will have their temperature taken before entering the facility.
As always, we ask anyone who may be experiencing symptoms of illness to refrain from visiting your loved one until you are feeling better. Please check back here for updates to these guidelines.
Mercy Health — Children’s Hospital offers high-quality health care and compassion. Our expert doctors, researchers, nurses and educators are committed to helping children be well in mind, body and spirit.
Through advanced treatments and cutting-edge technology, we’ve been meeting the unique needs of children in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan since 1999.
Mercy Health — Children's Hospital provides care in a host of specialty areas, including emergency and trauma care, physical therapy, care for children with autism, and surgical services.
Children's Health Miracle Network Hospital
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is an international non-profit organization dedicated to helping children by raising funds and awareness for 170 children’s hospitals throughout North America. Each year these hospitals treat more than 17 million children afflicted with diseases, injuries and birth defects of every kind. Children’s Miracle Network Hospital's founding pledge to put children first in all it does and keep 100 percent of donations in the community where the funds were raised.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has grown dramatically since its founding in 1983. To date, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals have raised more than $3 billion – most of which is donated one dollar at a time.
Mercy Health - Children’s Hospital is the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital for Northwest Ohio. Mercy Health - Children’s Hospital helps provide care for children with medical needs across 14 counties and treats all children regardless of affliction or the family's ability to pay.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals would not exist without the help of our local and national sponsors. Year-round, our partners conduct hundreds of special event fundraisers, sell Miracle Balloons for $1 and hold Dance Marathons to help provide pediatric care for the children at Mercy Health - Children’s Hospital.
Coordinator of Children’s Miracle Network
Support our Children's Miracle Network Hospital's partners:
Bowling Green State University Dance Marathon
Credit Unions for Kids
Dairy Queen Corp.
Defiance College Dance Marathon
Fifth Third Bank—Brighten A Child’s Life of NWO
|Love’s Travel Shops & Country Stores|
Ollie’s Bargin Outlet
Rainbow Cooperative Nursery School
University of Toledo Dance Marathon
White House Black Market
Mercy Health — Children's Hospital and Nationwide Children's Hospital
Mercy Health — Children’s Hospital and Nationwide Children’s Hospital have implemented an innovative affiliation that enhances pediatric health care services for children and their families in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital is a nationally recognized pediatric hospital and research center. Consistently named to U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll list of America’s Top 10 children’s hospitals, Nationwide Children’s Hospital has cared for more than 1.5 million patients coming from all 50 states and 45 countries.
Through this affiliation, Mercy Health — Children’s Hospital will be able to work in a collaborative relationship with Nationwide Children’s Hospital, one of America’s leading academic pediatric institutions. Our shared commitment is to enhance the scope and quality of services available to pediatric patients in Northwest Ohio. The agreement is intended to leverage the rich history and commitment to quality and safety of both organizations by delivering highly specialized local clinical care to patient families.
Outlined goals of the affiliation include:
- Working collaboratively to ensure greater access to cost-effective pediatric services in our local market. The two organizations will explore subspecialty collaborations in several areas. The goal is to maintain an outstanding continuum of care within our region and seamless access to Nationwide Children’s providers as needed.
- Enhanced recruitment, retention and training of highly qualified pediatric physicians and staff.
- Development of a stronger network of local and regional based pediatric providers by offering enhanced services, education and operational resources.
- When mutually beneficial, collaborate on population health, pediatric to adult transitional care, GME and/or research projects.