A Day of Wellness
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, which provides advanced, quality care with compassion in your neighborhood through its care network, announces that Kent Robinson, MD of Mercy Health – Avondale Internal Medicine is once again hosting “A Day of Wellness.” This free community health fair addresses emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health and is open to the public.
“A Day of Wellness” takes place from 10 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. on Saturday, October 13 at Mercy Health’s Bond Hill home office, located at 1701 Mercy Health Place, Cincinnati 45237.
“A Day of Wellness” has something for everyone, including many different free health screenings, as well as presentations focused on wellness of mind, body and spirit, health and exercise workshops for men and women of all ages, demonstrations and other activities as detailed below:
- 11-11:30 a.m. : Women’s Health Priorities, Strategies for Wellness – Breath, Awareness and Movement
- 11:30 a.m.-noon: Maintain Healthy Bones and Joints for Life, Tai Chi
- Noon-12:30 p.m.: Health Screening, Double Dutch demonstration
- Noon-5 p.m.: Storytelling, arts and crafts and other kids’ activities
- 12:30-1 p.m.: Depression, Fiercely Redefined Drill Team
- 1-1:30 p.m.: Bullying Awareness for Adults, Dental Health Wellness, Meditation
- 1-4 p.m.: Reiki – Salaama Al-Amin (Mother Earth)
- 1:30-2 p.m.: PReP – A Breakthrough in HIV Prevention, Yoga, Line Dance Workout
- 2-2:30 p.m.: Underlying Causes of Health Issues in the Black Community, Breast Feeding, Belly Dancing
- 2:30-3:15 p.m.: Mothers and Fathers of Wisdom panel discussion, African Drum and Dance
- 3:15-3:45 p.m.: Language of Oppression, Zumba
- 3:45-4:15 p.m.: The Law and Wellness, Speaking and Healing for Ourselves – Black Women and Heart Disease
- 4:14-4:45 p.m.: Sensei – Tai Chi course, Peptic Ulcer Disease, STDs, Move and Be Well Fitness
- 4:45-5:15 p.m.: Genetics, Eyes and Health and Wellness
A Mercy Health mobile mammography van will be on site throughout the event offering women their annual screenings. For best coverage, please verify that Mercy Health - Cincinnati and The Jewish Hospital are in-network providers with your insurance carrier. If you are uninsured or underinsured (have high deductibles), we have financial need-based assistance programs available to help you. Call 513-686-3300 for more information.
There will also be healthy food to sample and gift drawings.
Dr. Robinson welcomes volunteers to help at the event.
If you have any questions about the event or would like to find out more about volunteer opportunities, please call Nikki at 513-924-8118.