Connexient and Mercy Health Announce that Innovative Indoor GPS and Digital Wayfinding Now Available for Patients and Visitors to The Jewish Hospital
Connexient and The Jewish Hospital - Mercy Health announced today the launch of the “Right This Way” app to make it easier for patients and visitors to find their way around the hospital, remember where they parked and more.
Mercy Health – Cincinnati is the first health system in Greater Cincinnati to launch this innovative wayfinding solution which is like an “Indoor GPS” for hospitals and runs on Connexient’s MediNav platform.
“Right This Way makes it easy for patients and visitors to find their way around the hospital. It offers detail-rich indoor maps, turn-by-turn indoor navigation, parking help and more on cell phones, kiosks and on Mercy Health’s website,” said Pat Davis-Hagens, Mercy Health Central Market President and CEO. “We’re always looking to improve the experience of both our patients and visitors and we launched the app to guide you to the department or room you want to visit, remember where you parked and help reduce missed or late appointments.”
“We are honored to announce Mercy Health as a new client,” commented Mark Green, Connexient CEO and Co-Founder. “Its commitment to both innovation and delivering outstanding patient experience makes Mercy Health an ideal partner as we continue to expand and enhance MediNavTM as the best-of-breed Indoor Navigation and Digital Wayfinding solution for healthcare.”
Powered by Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons and sophisticated handset sensor fusion technology, MediNavTM Navigator v. 2.0 is the most advanced indoor navigation solution available for hospitals, with rich features that solve real world problems:
- True turn-by-turn indoor navigation with reliable indoor positioning accuracy of one to two meters, navigation cues, visual landmark references, off-route notification and more. This feature helps patients find the lab or their doctor’s office and guides visitor to patient rooms and the cafeteria, for example.
- My Car Saver feature saves visitors’ parking locations and guides them back to their cars when they are ready to leave the hospital.
- All screens solution ensures that patients and visitors can access vital information anytime and anywhere across mobile, web and three, touch screen kiosks located conveniently throughout the hospital. From home or at the kiosks, visitors can input their visit details to get directions and print them out or send the directions to their phones.
- Outdoor, indoor, campus-wide wayfinding guides users across the entire hospital campus, including the hospital itself and Mercy Health Physician practices located both at the hospital and at The Jewish Hospital’s medical office buildings across the street from the hospital.
- Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs – to enable integration of maps and navigation into existing mobile and Web applications.
Connexient (www.connexient.com) provides innovative Indoor Mapping, Navigation and Location-based Services hospitals and healthcare networks with large, complex buildings and campuses. The MediNavTM Navigator Edition Patient Experience solution helps to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, reduce missed or late appointments and improve HCAHPS scores. More than just a mobile app, Connexient’s mission and vision is to navigation-enable Enterprise IT. The Connexient Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs enable its clients to integrate its rich, navigation quality indoor maps and location-based services across Enterprise IT in areas such as asset tracking, staff and patient flow, facility management, safety and security and more, with use cases that bring compelling value to users and direct ROI in capturing lost revenue, reducing costs and increasing operational efficiency and intelligence.