Lourdes Future Physicians Program
Lourdes supports 12 college students each year in our Future Physician Program. This program gives you a look into medicine, hoping to inspire you to pursue this rewarding field. Lourdes has provided this program over the past eleven years.
In order to provide access to all students, participants are permitted to participate for no more than one year. Prior participants are ineligible to participate.
To meet program criteria, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school graduate
- College Student – at least one year of an undergraduate program with a concentrated focus on pre-med
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA – will need a copy of current transcript from University
- Have or willing to obtain AHA, BLS – please send copy in if you have already obtain. If you don’t have AHA or BLS, we will offer that at the hospital.
- Must be available June 15-July 27, 2018. More than 2 absences during those dates will result in your replacement by an alternate.
Online application attachments must include:
- 200 word essay- Using Lourdes’ core values, write an essay on how you have seen these values demonstrated through your work and/or educational pursuits. Please refer to www.mercy.com/Paducah for core values.
- Two letters of reference-one from a professor or TA
- Online HR application completed (see below)
- To apply online, look for “Future Physician PRN” posting at http://mercy.ttcportals.com
Deadline is March 1, 2018
For more information:
Director of Physician Recruitment
1532 Lone Oak Rd. Ste G20
Paducah, KY 42003