LOURDES SPIRITUAL CARE SERVICES
At Mercy Health - Lourdes, we believe your spiritual well-being contributes to your overall physical health. Lourdes Spiritual Care professional chaplains represent a variety of religions, cultural, social, and age groups.
Chaplains are available to:
- Offer counsel, a listening presence and emotional support.
- Sacramental ministries and Spiritual counseling
- Spiritual assistance in emergency situations
- Ministry to grieving and bereaved persons
- Support in ethical decision making
- Worship services
- Networking with community clergy and calling your own clergy, if you wish
- Living will/advance directives for medical purposes
- Short term pastoral counseling and referrals
- Palliative care
- Support of end-of-life decision making
- Assist in calling your own clergy, if you wish.
Chaplains, work alongside physicians, nurses and others as part of the healing team attending to the needs of the human spirit. Anyone can request chaplain service. You do not need to belong to an organized tradition, house of worship or be a religious person to speak with a Chaplain.
Our Chaplains are professionally and clinically trained to serve as resources for all people in times of change, assisting you to reconnect with beliefs and values which may offer comfort and strength.
Chapel: Our Lady of Lourdes Chapel is located on the main floor of the hospital across from the Gift Shop. Persons of all faiths are welcome to visit to seek spiritual support and to pray. The chapel is always open
To reach a chaplain, dial the hospital operator at "0" or call 270-444-2444 to have the duty chaplain paged.