Nationally recognized cardiac care that's close to your heart
offer you the peace of mind that comes from trusting our advanced cardiac care program.
Nationally Recognized Excellence
- Springfield Regional Medical Center offers state-of-the-art cardiac care and boasts a door-to-balloon time of just 58 minutes—significantly lower than the national average of 90 minutes. In a heart attack situation, every minute counts for saving heart muscle.
- Springfield Regional also excels in performance of carotid endarterectomies (CE), with more than 400 CEs performed since 2004, and a success rate of 99.75%--well above the American Heart Association benchmark.
- Springfield Regional excels in Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) performance with more than 1480 performed since 2006. Springfield Regional was rated 10 out of 12 stars (the national average is eight) by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Springfield Regional Medical Center also received the Premier Award for Highest Quality and Lowest Cost and the Premier Award for being in the top 1% of Medicare providers for CABG.
- Springfield Regional Medical Center has earned Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- Community Mercy Health Partners heart surgery has a 3-star rating for quality from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (only 12 percent of heart centers attain this level)
- Springfield Regional excels in Open Heart Surgery and has performed more than 2080 since 2006.
Mercy Health – Springfield Regional Medical Center Marks One Year of Primary Stroke Center Accreditation
February 7, 2018 marked the first anniversary of Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical Center earning The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.Read More ❯
Six Foods that Keep Your Heart Healthy
During February’s Heart Month observance, Mercy Health notes that eating a balanced diet is one of the best ways to improve heart health. As a leading provider of cardiac care and services, Mercy Health highlights six foods that are good for your heart and, when combined with exercise and healthy living, can help to lower the risk for heart disease, stroke and high cholesterol.Read More ❯
Five Lifestyle Changes That Can Help Prevent Heart Disease
During February’s Heart Month observance, Mercy Health encourages you to make lifestyle changes that can you help keep from developing heart disease.Read More ❯
Mercy Health Announces Three Heart Health Lunch and Learn Events in February and March
Mercy Health – Springfield announces that cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon Soumya Neravetla, MD is presenting at three free lunch and learn events in Springfield in February and March.Read More ❯
How to Recognize a Heart Attack and Lower Your Risk for Having One
During February’s Heart Month observance, Mercy Health - Springfield encourages you to know your risks for heart disease.Read More ❯