Emergency Medicine Residency Curriculum
The Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency program is fully accredited by the American Osteopathic Association and has received Initial Accreditation from the ACGME. Under ACGME accreditation, the three year program will accept nine residents annually. The curriculum includes rotations at Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital, a Level 1 Trauma Center, Mercy Health - St. Joseph Warren Hospital, a Level 3 Trauma Center, Akron Children's Hospital, Mahoning Valley Campus and Mercy Health - St. Vincent Medical Center. Weekly didactics are held that include formal lectures, case studies, board review, journal club, M & M, and SIM lab education.
- Weekly Didactics, Thursday 7:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- SIM Lab: Resuscitation and Procedures, SIM Man
- Weekly Journal Club
- Oral Board Review Monthly
- EM Sono Program
- Rosh Review
- Board Review Course During the Senior Year
- Access to SEBH, SJWH and SEYH Medical Libraries and Jeghers Medical Index