Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is your accreditation status?
The residency program in the Department of Internal Medicine is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
2. What type of Visa do you offer for International Medical Graduates?
We currently offer only the J-1 Visa.
3. What is your board pass rate?
The three-year rolling pass rate is above the required Residency Review Committee percentage for maintenance of accreditation.
4. How many teaching attendings to you have?
We have 6 full-time and 4 part-time teaching attendings and approximately 75 volunteer faculty members. We also have an active mentoring program.
5. What is the call schedule like at Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital?
We are fully compliant with ACGME duty hours requirements. PGY1 residents have an X + Y block schedule, including night float.
6. What fringe benefits are offered at Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital?
Benefits to residents include health insurance, dental and vision insurance and professional liability coverage.
Other benefits include:
- food allowance
- clerical staff support
- fitness center
- three personalized lab coats furnished in PGY1
- fully paid ACP and ACLS/BLS dues
- educational/book allowance
- attendance at a board review course during PGY-3
- health/fitness facility on hospital campus
- free parking
7. What are some other features of Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital?
Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital is licensed for 550 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, a certified Stroke Center and a Magnet hospital. St. Elizabeth also has a fully implemented electronic health record system (Epic) for both inpatient and outpatient care.