Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital is dedicated to the education of medical students as well as the education of residents. At St. Elizabeth, students are placed in the clinical environment from the start of their rotation. Students experience the best of both worlds at St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital; a large community hospital dedicated to the best possible patient care which also serves as a core major teaching hospital affiliated with Northeast Ohio Medical University and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. Students get the feel of a university hospital in a community setting. Since the overall number of residents is less than that of larger medical education programs, students get hands on, one-on-one training from full time, dedicated faculty members.
Advantages to students participating in rotations at St. Elizabeth include:
- Exposure to plenty of the common medical disorders, while still having experience with rare and complex diseases.
- A learning environment with exposure to patients of all backgrounds with a wide variety of medical problems.
- Working directly with dedicated faculty members in most of the rotations, as well as a strong group of residents.
- Opportunities to participate in a wide variety of research programs, with faculty members and our comprehensive research department.
- Critical Care Medicine/MICU
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine-Inpatient
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Surgical Intensive Care
- Wound Care
Housing Is Now Available. For more information or to schedule a rotation, please contact:
Click HERE to complete an application