Accredited by The Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, the Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit provides comprehensive care. During inpatient rehabilitation, patients receive at least three hours of therapy per day up to seven days a week. We do not serve patients on ventilators, comatose patients, patients needing cardiac monitoring, patients with respiratory or strict isolation, or patients younger than 18 years of age.
Under certain circumstances, pediatric patients younger than 18 are admitted to inpatient rehabilitation with accommodations made for their age. If our unit is unable to meet the needs of a patient, recommendations for alternative services are made. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit provides services for adult patients with functional loss due to disabling illness or injury, including:
Services Provided include:
Medicare and your supplemental secondary insurance (if you have one) will cover most services provided during your inpatient rehabilitation as long as you meet the admission and continued stay criteria. If you have other types of insurance, your benefits will be verified before admission. If there are limitations to your coverage, the social worker or case manager will discuss these with you, as well as alternative resources to help meet your needs.
- Average length of stay is 12 days.
- Approximately 82% of the patients return home upon discharge from the Acute Rehabilitation Unit.
- 93% of the patients surveyed “Would Recommend” St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit.
- Patient Care By The Numbers: statistics on length of stay, satisfaction and outcomes of Inpatient Rehab
- For more information on our services, please call St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital at 330-480-3679.