Chin Augmentation or Reduction (Genioplasty)
Genioplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to enhance or reduce the projection of the chin in order to improve the proportions of a person’s face. People often refer to genioplasty as chin surgery, chin augmentation, or mentoplasty. The goal of genioplasty is to correct the chin that has too much or too little underlying bone structure.
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
Plastic surgery for ears is usually performed either to bring prominent ears closer to the head or to reduce the size of large ears. A variety of ear deformities, such as those caused by injury and stretched ear lobes, may also require otoplasty. Generally, this operation is performed on children between the ages of 4 and 14. After age 5, ears are usually fully grown. Adults also may have plastic surgery on their ears, generally for uncorrected problems from childhood.
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Eyelid surgery, technically called blepharoplasty, is a procedure that will remove excessive fat, sagging or wrinkled skin from your upper and/or your lower eyelids. Eyelid surgery will enhance your appearance, making you look more youthful and healthy, and perhaps improve obstructed vision.
The effects of time, the sun and your family history all work together to age the skin of your face and neck. A facelift is a surgical procedure designed to improve the most visible signs of aging on your face and neck. Women and men may be a good candidate for a facelift if you are experiencing any of the following changes to your face and neck:
- Loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone
- Deep creases forming between the bottom of our nose and the corner of your mouth
- A tired look
- Diminished jaw line
- Sagging chin and neck
The best candidate for a facelift is a person in good general health whose face and neck skin still has some elasticity.
Forehead (Brow Lift)
A browlift restores that youthful position of the eyebrows that results in improvement of frown lines and the sagging appearance of upper eyelids. If you have one of these facial characteristics caused either by heredity or aging, you may be a good candidate for a brow lift:
- Heavy, low brow
- Furrowed lines or deep wrinkles above the nose
- Deep wrinkles or furrows in your forehead
Enhancing the lips takes just a simple office visit. Dr. Cash uses a variety of modern facial fillers including Restylane®, JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel, for effective, temporary lip augmentation. A more permanent solution is to use your own body fat. Women augment their lips for a variety of reasons, which often include:
- Giving naturally thin lips a plump, sensuous look
- Restoring fullness to lips that have thinned with age
- Correcting fine lines around the lips
Rhinoplasty can be performed for cosmetic reasons to improve your appearance, or for reconstructive purposes to correct injuries or birth defects. Nose surgery can accomplish any of the following:
- Change the size or shape or your nose in various ways
- Narrow the space between your nostrils
- Alter the angle between your nose and upper lip
- Correct a birth defect, such as a deviated septum (the dividing wall between the air passages on the right and left side of the inside of the nose)
- Correct a nose deformity due to injury or cancer
- Relieve breathing difficulties