The Sports Physical Therapy Residency Program will support the communities we serve by offering outstanding rehabilitation programs to enhance patient care, clinical research, education, teaching and community service. These programs will contribute to an individual’s well-being and independence, the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human disease and disability as well as the overall well-being of our communities.
At Mercy Health our focus is how we serve our patients:
- Patient satisfaction is our highest priority and strive to provide a compassionate, patient-centered environment.
- We develop highly skilled professionals through a commitment to continuing education, advanced specialty training, competency assessment through specialty certification, teaching and student clinical affiliations throughout the continuum of care.
- We encourage multidisciplinary collaborations in patient care programs, education and teaching.
- The environment encourages and supports active participants as faculty to mentor staff and teach students enrolled in health-related professional programs.
- We are responsive to the needs of individuals of all backgrounds and serve as a vital resource to the local community.
- We expect our staff to be responsible for the continuous improvement of quality in all aspects of the services we provide.
- We set the standards of excellence in cost-effective, quality rehabilitation health care.
- We commit to the establishing mutually supportive liaisons among all of our facilities that are members of the Mercy Health system and our partners in clinical research, education and teaching.
The Mercy Health sport physical therapy residents have graduated three residents to date and two have successfully passed their specialist exams. Data is from 2019 to current.
Program Name: Mercy Health Sports Physical Therapy in Cincinnati Residency Program
Accreditation Status: Accredited through American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE)
Next Site Visit: 2024
Length of Training: 12 months
Program Size: Currently one resident per academic cycle