Mercy Health Board of Trustees
Board members at Mercy Health are offered a unique opportunity to: improve the health of the community; advocate change for those in need; grow intellectually, spiritually and emotionally; expand their knowledge; share their expertise; and interact with others in an environment which challenges and stimulates their thinking. Board membership is a synergistic partnership with the organization to develop each other to their fullest potential.
The Mercy Health corporate board of trustees provides overall system direction, approves appointments to regional boards, and appoints and evaluates the system CEO. It approves system and regional strategic and financial plans. It also is responsible for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and dissolutions of subsidiaries; approves debt and expenditures in excess of the amount authorized for the CEO; and annually appoints an external auditing firm.
Members of Mercy Health’s public juridic person, Partners in Catholic Health Ministries, serve on the Mercy Health corporate board, assuring integration of the sponsors' interests in Mercy Health's future vision and strategies and approving certain major actions as required by canon law.
Members of Mercy Health's Board of Trustees include:
- Katherine A. Arbuckle, CPA
- Sister Doris Gottemoeller, RSM
- Lawrence L. Grypp
- Catherine A. Jacobson, C.P.A.
- Denise Koo, MD, MPH
- Iliana A. Mora
- Sister Jean Orsuto, HM, R.N., M.S.N.
- Leonard M. Randolph, Jr., M.D., Vice Chair, Board of Trustees
- Myles N. Sheenan, SJ, M.D.
- Sister Carol Anne Smith, HM
- Sister Mary Stanton, RSM
- John M. Starcher, Jr., JD, President & CEO
- Katherine W. Vestal, PhD, Chair, Board of Trustees