Caring for Women Throughout Every Life Stage
Anderson Hospital, Fairfield Hospital and West Hospital also offer compassionate maternity services with a Level 2 nursery. Anderson and Fairfield hospitals are designated as “Baby Friendly” by the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative for providing an optimal level of care for infant feeding. They are the only two in southwest Ohio to receive such a designation and two of only 110 in the U.S. The new West Hospital will aim for the designation, too, once its Family Birthing Center has been open long enough to qualify. Anderson Hospital offers state-of-the-art, expert obstetric services where every suite is designed so mothers can deliver and recover with their newborn in one room. At Fairfield and West Hospitals, mothers and babies receive quality, compassionate care close to home with newly remodeled — or brand new — postpartum suites that provide a spa-like setting.
Care at Every Stage of a Woman’s Life
The Women’s Center offers compassionate care, from maternity to menopause and beyond, coordinated entirely within the Mercy Health system. Capabilities include: Obstetrical services, gynecology services, treatment of menopausal problems, advanced breast care, and treatment and physical therapy for pelvic floor conditions. Expanded capabilities include Videourodynamics and a Pelvic Floor Center within the Women’s Center. West Hospital is the only hospital in the Mercy system to offer Mona Lisa therapy, a laser procedure that can reverse effects of vaginal atrophy.
Digital Mobile Mammography
We offer digital mammography which delivers a clearer, more detailed picture providing you with the most advanced technology available for the early detection of breast cancer.
The Mercy Health Mobile Mammography Units provide a low-cost, efficient method of breast screening to the community. The Mobile Mammography Program makes screening mammography quick and easy— mammograms on the mobile units take approximately 15 minutes.
The units use the same FDA and Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA)-approved equipment as our hospitals and meet the standards of the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
At Mercy Health, we work to make your childbirth experience one of comfort, love and support. Maternity care at the Mercy Health – Family Birthing Centers includes services and facilities to provide you with family-centered care. With spacious birthing suites, experienced nursing staffs, home visits, education programs and support for breastfeeding moms, we want you and your family to have the best possible start together in life.
Our Centers provide:
- Access to expert care for "at risk", "high risk" or "complicated" pregnancy from a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) specialist through our Mercy Health — Maternal Fetal Medicine Centers at Anderson Hospital, Fairfield Hospital and West Hospital.
- An at-home setting, including comfortable furniture, a private whirlpool bath and/or shower and adjustable lighting. From admittance, through a normal delivery and afterwards as your new family member gets acquainted, families are able to have privacy in a peaceful atmosphere.
- A nurturing and supportive environment in the care of your newborn.
- Experienced maternal/child nurses available in person or by telephone 24 hours-a-day.
- Mercy Health – Anderson Hospital Family Birthing Center - For tours, please call 513-95-MERCY (513-956-3789)
- Mercy Health – Fairfield Hospital Family Birthing Center - For tours, please call 513-870-7370
- Mercy Health – West Hospital Family Birthing Center - For tours, please call 513-215-2030
New mothers have many questions, some of which are related to paternity and Birth Certificates. To help in this process, Mercy Health has provided important forms and information that the expectant mom needs to review prior to and after delivery.
Maternity Online Pre-Registration