RETAIN Research Study
Is a recent injury or illness affecting your ability to work?
If so, you could be eligible to join a research study focused on helping ill and injured workers recover, rebound and stay employed. The results of the Ohio RETAIN study will help improve future services to ill and injured workers so they can get better, stay employed and keep earning a paycheck.
Participation in RETAIN is free of charge.
The RETAIN study will help identify which services, tools and accommodations can help ill and injured workers keep their jobs and/or more quickly return to work while they are recovering. The goal is to prevent long-term unemployment and permanent disability while helping individuals maintain their employment and quality of life.
Who can participate?
You may qualify to participate if:
- You’ve injured one or more bones or joints, such as an arm, shoulder, knee, leg, neck or elbow.
- Your injury occurred when you were not at work or on a job.
- Between the ages of 18-65.
- Employed or actively seeking employment.
- Dealing with a bone, muscle, or joint injury or condition (such as osteoarthritis) or a cardiovascular illness or condition (such as a heart attack) which did not occur at work but is interfering with your work performance.
- Would like an individualized step-by-step roadmap to getting life back to normal so you can feel better and start to resume your daily routines, responsibilities, and pleasures—preferably with a full paycheck!
What are the benefits of participating?
- $100 gift card to spend on whatever you wish
- Help improving services for other ill or injured workers.
Who is conducting this study?
RETAIN is a program of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services in partnership with:
- Mercy Health
- OhioMeansJobs Columbiana County
- OhioMeansJobs Mahoning County
- OhioMeansJobs Trumbull County
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- Ohio Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Medicaid
- Ohio Department of Mental Health
and Addiction Services
- Mahoning Valley Manufacturers
- Ohio Manufacturers’ Association
Ready to Get Started?
RETAIN Research Study
1950 Niles Cortland Rd. NE Ste. 7
Warren, OH 44484
Phone:1-833-4RETAIN or 330-841-7921.
Preparation of this was fully funded by the U.S. Department of Labor in the amount of $3,500,000 under Cooperative Agreement No. OD-32546-18-75-4-39.