Temporary Visitor Restrictions
Visitors for Emergency Department & Hospitalized Patients:
- Admitted adult patients may have one (1) support person / family member accompany them. The exception is the senior behavioral health unit, where no visitors are allowed.
- The visitor(s) must remain in the patient’s room and contact nursing staff when leaving.
- Adult patients are allowed one visitor per day.
- Patients under 12 may have two (2) visitors per day.
- Visitation hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Visitors must be older than 18 years of age.
- Potential visitors should review CDC and state health department guidelines if visiting a patient with advanced age and chronic medical conditions and avoid visiting hospital if these apply.
- Patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 will not be allowed to have a visitor or support person.
- Please note, there is no cafeteria service. Drinks and snacks are available from three vending areas.
- Visitation or support persons for office visits may vary by provider. Patients are encouraged to check with individual providers to ensure they are clear on their provider’s policy.
Screening & Mask Guidelines:
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times.
- Masks must fully cover the nose and mouth.
- Patients and visitors may provide and wear their own mask or will be required to accept and wear the mask provided by the hospital facility.
- If a visitor refuses to wear a mask, visitors may be asked to leave the facility.
- Exceptions may be made on an individual basis for those who are unable to wear a mask due to health or disability issues.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms or exposure history.
- Visitors will be asked to leave the facility if they have had symptoms in the past 24 hours or exposures in the last 14 days.
- Visitors must wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer, before and after leaving rooms and hospital buildings.
Send a Get Well Greeting Online
With this free service of on-line greeting cards, Mercy Healths makes it easy to send words of cheer and encouragement to loved ones while they are still in the hospital. An on-line greetings can be sent to any inpatient currently admitted at Mercy Health – Springfield Regional Medical Center, Mercy Health – Urbana Hospital, or Mercy Health – McAuley Senior Living.