Family-Focused Senior Care
Temporary Visitor Restrictions
As we continue to maintain safety standards for the safety of our residents, families and associates, the below are the current visitation guidelines and protocols. Our families are updated frequently via digital and phone communications.
- Screening of all who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (eg, temperature checks, questions about and observations of sign or symptoms), and denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status).
- Hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred).
- Face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose).
- Social distancing at least six feet between persons.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-frequency touched surfaces in the facility often, and designated visitation areas after each visit.
- Appropriate staff use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Effective cohorting of residents (eg, separate areas dedicated to COVID-19 care).
Visitation will be resident-centric and what is best for the resident and their family. Please contact Mercy Health – West Park ahead of time for any questions regarding specific circumstances or your loved one.
As outdoor visits generally pose a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow, the facility will hold all visits outdoors whenever practicable, even when the resident and visitor are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Mercy Health – West Park has created accessible and safe outdoor spaces for visitation.
Mercy Health – West Park will accommodate and support indoor visitation, at all times and for all residents (regardless of vaccination status), except for a few circumstances when visitation should be limited due to a high risk of COVID-19 transmission (note: compassionate care visits should be permitted at all times). These scenarios include limiting indoor visitation for:
- Unvaccinated residents, if the nursing home’s COVID-19 positivity rate is >10% and <70% of residents in the facility are full vaccinated.
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated until they have met the criteria to discontinue Transmission-Based Precautions; or
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
- You must call to schedule a visitation appointment prior to best allow Mercy Health – West Park to accommodate the requests of everyone’s family and to make sure we are able to connect you with your loved one safely.
Mercy Health — West Park offers the full spectrum of senior care and rehabilitation. This commitment to the needs of seniors makes us your best choice for both independent living and higher levels of care.
Mercy Health — West Park provides 24-hour nursing care on site, which can make transitioning through levels of care easier on you and your family. You continue to be an important part of the community you call home, where you’ve built friendships, yet can receive appropriate care if your needs should change.
Residential CareLovely studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans provide space and amenities for a comfortable lifestyle. Full and modified kitchens are available, or you can take meals in the dining room. Guests are welcome to dine with you any time.
Services such as housekeeping and laundry are provided so you’re free to enjoy life at your own pace. Activities and on-site conveniences such as daily mass, styling and barber services, a banking center and complimentary transportation make Mercy Health — West Park an excellent choice for senior living.
RehabilitationSeamless transitions from Mercy Health hospitals and other local hospitals make rehabilitation at Mercy Health — West Park a natural choice. We provide short-term rehabilitation with fully coordinated care for recovery from hospital visits and surgical procedures. Therapy is available from skilled clinicians who treat you with dignity, compassion and respect. Private rooms ensure calm surroundings, which help speed up your recovery.
Therapists who specialize in individual care can also provide outpatient rehabilitation at Mercy Health — West Park. You’re evaluated and treated by therapy staff who are committed to helping you reach your optimal level of function. We offer flexible scheduling and treatment in a calm, peaceful setting.
DaySTAE Alzheimer’s CarePeople with Alzheimer’s disease (and related dementias) can enjoy a higher quality of life through DaySTAE activities. DaySTAE engages minds and bodies to help maintain mental capacity and enrich lives. People in many stages of dementia enjoy and benefit from this program, which is available only for residents of Mercy Health — West Park.
News from Mercy Health - West Park
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, which provides advanced, compassionate, quality care in your neighborhood through its care network, announces that Mercy Health – West Hospital and Mercy Health – West Park, a senior living facility offering the full spectrum of ...
On the occasion of Volunteer Week, Mercy Health – Cincinnati, which provides advanced, quality, compassionate care in your neighborhood through its care network, thanks its many volunteers who help make that remarkable care possible.
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, which provides advanced, compassionate, quality care in your neighborhood through its care network, will hold a State Tested Nursing Assistant and Patient Care Assistant job fair from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. on Thursday, April 13 at ...