As we continue to maintain safety standards for the safety of our residents, families and associates, the below are the current visitation guidelines and protocols. Our families are updated frequently via digital and phone communications.
Screening of all who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (eg, temperature checks, questions about and observations of sign or symptoms), and denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status).
- Hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred).
- Face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose).
- Social distancing at least six feet between persons.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-frequency touched surfaces in the facility often, and designated visitation areas after each visit.
- Appropriate staff use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Effective cohorting of residents (eg, separate areas dedicated to COVID-19 care).
Visitation will be resident-centric and what is best for the resident and their family. Please contact Oakwood Village ahead of time for any questions regarding specific circumstances or your loved one.
As outdoor visits generally pose a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow, the facility will hold all visits outdoors whenever practicable, even when the resident and visitor are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Oakwood Village has created accessible and safe outdoor spaces for visitation.
Oakwood Village will accommodate and support indoor visitation, at all times and for all residents (regardless of vaccination status), except for a few circumstances when visitation should be limited due to a high risk of COVID-19 transmission (note: compassionate care visits should be permitted at all times). These scenarios include limiting indoor visitation for:
- Unvaccinated residents, if the nursing home’s COVID-19 positivity rate is >10% and <70% of residents in the facility are full vaccinated.
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated until the have met the criteria to discontinue Transmission-Based Precautions; or
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
You must call to schedule a visitation appointment prior to best allow Oakwood Village to accommodate the requests of everyone’s family and to make sure we are able to connect you with your loved one safely.
Situated on over 72 beautifully landscaped acres, Oakwood Village offers gracious, affordable retirement and senior living. While the campus promotes a variety of independent living options, Oakwood Village also includes nursing care and assisted living communities on site.
- Founded in 1987
- 125 Independent Living Apartments
- 46 Assisted Living Apartments
- 86-Bed Skilled Nursing Center
- Mobility-friendly dog park
- 72-acre wildlife habitat
- Retirement cottages available
Donations to Oakwood Village can be made by visiting the Mercy Health Foundation Clark & Champaign Counties website. Simply click the button below and choose "Oakwood Village"when choosing where you would like your donation applied.
Send a Free Get Well Greeting Online
With this free online greeting card service, Mercy Health makes it easy to send words of cheer and encouragement to loved ones.
News from Oakwood Village
The families of Clark County and surrounding communities have spoken. When it comes to nursing homes, Mercy Health – Oakwood Village leads in satisfaction.
Mercy Health – Springfield announces that Oakwood Village Senior Living earned the top star rating of five stars from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the new star ratings index on the Nursing Home Compare website.
Mercy Health – Springfield announces that Oakwood Village, a senior living community, is now a Certified Wildlife Habitat.
Mercy Health – Springfield announces a free community lunch and learn taking place from noon-1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 13 in the Community Room at Oakwood Village Independent Living, located at 1500 Villa Road, Springfield, Ohio 45503.
The American Pride program of Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice and Mercy Health Oakwood Village Senior Living in Springfield are joining together for a Veteran’s Day celebration on Friday, November 10. The 2 p.m. program will be held in the Community Room ...