Mercy Health — Perrysburg Cancer Center is a department of Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center.
The cancer center at Mercy Health – Perrysburg Hospital now offers Gamma Knife® radiosurgery, a non-invasive treatment for brain-related conditions like brain metastases, benign brain tumors and trigeminal neuralgia. Adding Gamma Knife technology to our comprehensive cancer center allows our team to treat virtually any location in the brain with ultra-high precision and minimal effect on healthy tissue. Gamma knife is an outpatient procedure, and requires no incision, allowing you to quickly return to normal activities. Gamma Knife uses 192 individual beams of gamma rays that precisely target the area of the brain that needs treated, minimizing damage to healthy tissue.
Benefits of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery:
- No incisions are made, eliminating the risk of infection
- Less damage to surrounding tissue or nearby structure
- Requires no general anesthesia
- Usually performed in one session, eliminating a hospital stay
- Minimal to no discomfort, allowing patients to return to normal activities.
- For more information or to make a referral, please call 567-368-1500.