Resource mothers and fatherhood support program offers support to new and expectant mothers and fathers. Our program offers support, guidance and resources to new and expectant moms like you!
A resource mother is a specially trained health worker, and mother. She offers support, referrals and information so you can make the best choices for you and your baby. We carefully match you with a resource mother that’s right for you.
The Resource Mother program offers the following services:
- Empowering moms – is a social support group that will inspire you to develop relationships, self-esteem and confidence.
- Fresh Start – Learn how to cook healthy meals for you and your family.
- Car Seat Program – have a certified car seat technician teach you how to safely buckle your baby into a car seat. You’ll also learn how to install the seat in a car. You’ll be able to do it yourself, but we’ll check to make sure everything’s just right.
- Friends and family CPR – learn how to administer CPR to an adult, child or infant.
- Social Services – get assistance in finding out what social service programs are available, and assistance in the application process. Referrals will be made when appropriate.
Fatherhood Support is a program to strengthen families with engaged and skilled fathers. This is done by providing mentorship, guidance and education to clients that are enrolled. Under the vision of the National Fatherhood Initiative ®, the Fatherhood support program seeks to provide men the tools needed to be responsible, committed and involved. Along with being a specially trained health worker, trained in providing health education and advice, the resource father is a dad himself who understands the journey through fatherhood.
Available programs for men:
- Monthly educational home visits – provides mentorship and support so you’re ready for baby’s arrival.
- 24/7 Dad® a.m. and p.m. – developed by parenting fatherhood experts, this program teaches men the characteristics they need to be good fathers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Fathering in 15™ - takes fathers through 15 interactive, engaging topics fatherhood topics, available online.
- Car Seat Program
- Family and friends CPR