Athlete Injury Clinics
The athletic injury clinics will run from 4-6 p.m. every Monday from August 13 through November 5
The clinics are open to any athletes who have suffered a recent injury. They are staffed by Eric Fester, MD, a fellowship-trained, sports medicine specialist and orthopedic surgeon, as well as certified athletic trainers. On-site X-ray will be available during the clinics.
The clinics are first-come, first-serve and no appointment is necessary. A payment of $10 for service is due before you see the doctor.
Mercy Health will not bill your insurance but asks that you bring your insurance card should you need additional tests.
High School and College Sports Programs
Athletic Trainer Team Coverage
Excel Sports Medicine offers athletes a comprehensive, aggressive approach to sports medicine and recovery. With 10 certified athletic trainers on staff, Excel is a perfect match for local high schools and colleges in providing extra coverage and support on and off the field.
Athletic training services and coverage is available for area schools by our Ohio licensed athletic trainers. Coverage can include daily or weekly injury checks to assess athletic injuries, as well as referral and rehabilitation suggestions.
Contracted services can include:
- Daily on-site injury assessment, treatment and rehab of athletic injuries
- Daily and evening practice coverage
- Game day coverage for both home and visiting teams
- Student aid supervision and educational programs
- Certification classes for coaches, including American Red Cross CPR and first aid certification
- Communication with coaches, athletic directors and school administrators
- Working with team physicians and other licensed practitioners for follow-up treatment and rehab plans
- Ongoing educational programs for staff, administrators, parents and players
Excel Sports Medicine currently assists the following area college and schools with athletic training coverage to keep local student athletes in the game:
- Wittenberg University
- Springfield High School
- Clark State Community College
- Emmanuel Christian High School
- Southeastern High School
- Triad High School
- West Liberty High School
- Yellow Springs High School
Excel Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation is a department of Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical Center