Compassionate, high-quality heart care and cardiology for Lorain County
Patients with heart disease often have complex needs. Our highly skilled physicians, nurses and clinicians provide patients with cutting-edge technology to diagnose and treat heart disease. Whether you need a non-invasive technique, an interventional procedure, or surgery, our team is committed to providing the highest quality care. But the care doesn’t stop after the disease has been treated. Our unique care approach follows the patient into good health by providing the appropriate rehabilitation, outpatient follow-up and education about how to stay healthy and prevent further complications.
Exceptional cardiac care—and caring When it comes to your heart, you want the best health care available: the perfect combination of experienced professionals, advanced technology, state-of-the-art equipment and personal care that produces positive results for you and your loved ones. That’s precisely what you’ll find at Mercy—and why 97 percent of our patients say they would use our services again and/or recommend our heart program to their families and friends.
Comprehensive, cutting-edge, and close to home From diagnostic testing services and sophisticated cardiac procedures and surgeries, through individualized cardiac rehab programs and home health follow-up care, Mercy offers you the peace of mind and convenience that comes from trusting your heart health to one of the region’s most advanced coronary care programs.
At Mercy, you will find the latest medical technology, experienced physicians and advanced procedures from one of the region’s most comprehensive coronary care programs.
To learn more about Mercy's cardiology services, click here.
What We Treat
- Cardiac biopsies
- Cardiac catheterization
- Carotid artery stenting
- Coronary angioplasty, atherectomy, and stenting
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Percutaneous (minimally invasive) closure of atrial septal defect/patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Peripheral vascular angiography and stenting
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implants and replacement
- Sclerotherapy and endovenous laser therapy
- Surgical/non-surgical treatment for atrial fibrillation
- Valve repair and replacement
What Makes Mercy Unique
- Experienced cardiologists and cardiac surgeons
- Comprehensive range of cardiac surgeries and procedures
- Interventionalists performing sophisticated procedures that use less invasive ways to diagnose and treat, rather than surgery that requires longer incisions
- 24/7 emergency chest pain unit, open heart surgery team and cath lab for rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Highly trained nursing staff
- Advanced technology
- State-of-the-art equipment
- One-stop post-op care, so you stay in the same room while recovering from surgery, angioplasty or stent placement
- Personalized, compassionate care throughout your hospital stay and beyond
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary diagnostic and therapeutic service
- Vascular care – varicose vein treatment