Our chaplains minister to the spiritual needs of patients of all faith traditions and those with no faith tradition. Our staff has been specially trained for their work as chaplains and is highly respected by staff, patients and families. They work with the entire health care team so as to meet the spiritual needs of patients in conjunction with physical and medical needs.
Services are offered throughout Mercy including Mercy Regional Medical Center, Mercy Allen Hospital, New Life Hospice Center of St. Joseph and Mercy Cancer Center.
We provide the sacraments of Holy Communion, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick and others as requested for Catholic patients. Services for patients of other denominations can be arranged as requested, and can include:
- Offering prayer or scripture reading
- Being present, listening and providing support
- Supporting you or your family and friends during times of illness
- Providing sacramental ministry
- Calling a priest, rabbi, pastor or spiritual leader as you request
- Helping alleviate your worries, fears and concerns
- Assisting you or your family with medical ethics issues
- Completing Advance Directives
Our hospital chapel is open and available to patients and visitors. Mass is offered on holy days and others.
Dial a Prayer is accessible 24-hours a day by dialing 440-960-3778. Prayers are recorded by the chaplain staff and changed weekly. Patients may make a prayer request at the end of the recording.