Diversity as defined by Lourdes is beyond race, gender, and numbers. It is about inclusion! Diversity means creating an environment where all employees can grow to their fullest potential. Diversity sparks creativity. People with different backgrounds and ways of thinking challenge each other’s assumptions to achieve success.
Our vision is for Lourdes Associates to treat others with compassion, human dignity, respect, and equality. Diversity should be a way of life. Our goal is to promote awareness, understanding, and inclusion of diversity and to view differences as strengths and advantages. We strive to develop leadership that values diverse perspectives.
Lourdes has 20 active Diversity Council members representing various departments and specialties of Lourdes and the community.
Lourdes has instituted Diversity programs in support of these goals:
- Balanced workforce strategy - drives equitable representation in all areas
- Diverse Vendor Program - Actively commits to conducting business with qualified female/minority owned businesses
- Training, Development and Succession Planning - to improve diverse representation at all levels
Lourdes looks beyond the qualities and characteristics that make Associates unique visibly or physically. Results of this will lead to improved business and patient solutions. It will also lead to greater Associate satisfaction. Lourdes strives to be an employer of choice.
Initiatives at Lourdes include:
- Scholarships to graduating high school students in the community
- Scholarship to student enrolling in the nursing program at West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Rising Stars Internship program
- Participation in community organizations such as Interracial Men’s/Women’s Group, Paducah Human Rights Commission, and Chamber of Commerce
- Identifying race and language of preference upon patient registration
Lourdes community partnerships include:
- Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration
- Local high school student career days
- Cinco de Mayo celebration
- Participation in Hispanic Heritage month celebration at WKCTC
- Sponsorship and participation in Calling All Colors Diversity Workshop
- Sponsorship and participated in Annual Diversity Conference in conjunction with WKCTC, Four Rivers SHRM, and Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
Lourdes has been successful with Diversity because our Board and Executive Leadership team are committed to a culture where differences are embraced and celebrated.