Find a primary care doctor who will give expert care — every step of the way
High-quality healthcare begins with a skilled doctor provider who knows you and your family’s needs and is committed to your well-being. When you choose a Mercy Medical Associates provider in Paducah, you’ll be choosing someone who will listen to you, get to know you and give you personalized care. From routine checkups to everything in between, you and your family will be cared for expertly and compassionately.
What is a medical home?
A "medical home" is where you, your primary care physician and care team work together to support your health and wellness. You'll have a relationship with your primary care physician AND a team that knows your needs. The whole person is treated, rather than only treating a specific symptom or illness. Your team focused on making healthcare easy for you.
Visit your medical home for:
- Common illnesses, when you or your family member looks or acts sick (fever, flu, sore throats, coughs)
- Problems that need care now (infections, asthma, vomiting, injuries, sprains and cuts that need stitches)
- Annual physicals and immunizations as needed for wellness and prevention
- Management of chronic illnesses or conditions
Your primary care physician will:
- Perform an annual physical and schedule routine care
- Perform routine tests needed to monitor health
- Diagnose and treat medical problems
- Refer to a specialist if necessary
- Coordinate care with other physicians and providers
- Provide preventive care, based upon your unique health, history, heredity and other factors
- Provide health education
- Assist in making informed decisions about your lifestyle, nutrition and physical activity When to visit the emergency room
Visit your local emergency room for symptoms or conditions when you or your family member could die or risk their health without immediate help.
- When bleeding won't stop, or when breathing is very hard
- After a serious accident
- After a convulsion that lasts more than 3 minutes
Mercy Medical Associates First in Region to Earn National Certification
Mercy Medical Associates is pleased to announce its nine primary care practices and its pediatric practice have achieved Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) status, the highest, most stringent qualification standard for a PCMH. This national recognition comes from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).Read More ❯
Mercy Practices Move to Lourdes Medical Pavilion
Mercy Primary Care – Paducah and Mercy Gastroenterology will now see patients at the Lourdes Medical Pavilion, 225 Medical Center Drive in Paducah.Read More ❯