Daily Deliveries ... Lasting Memories
Each year, more than 1,400 women deliver their babies in Springfield Regional Medical Center’s family-focused Birthing Center. Here, experienced obstetricians, neonatologists and obstetrical and neonatal nurses provide a special brand of maternity care that blends impressive technology with warmth and personal attention.
Indeed, the overwhelmingly positive customer satisfaction feedback consistently received from our Birthing Center patients is an ongoing tribute to the fine efforts of our dedicated, experienced and caring staff.
As the area’s sole provider of obstetrical care, Springfield Regional Medical Center has developed a depth and breadth of birthing services that are rare for a community the size of Springfield. As a Level II facility, the Birthing Center is equipped to manage the diagnosis and treatment of selected high-risk pregnancies and neonatal problems in addition to routine perinatal care.
Offering advanced obstetrical technology in a home-like setting, the Center includes 8 Labor and Delivery Rooms and 20 Post-Delivery Rooms, a special Caesarean surgery area and eight Caesarean section post-partum rooms.
The Birthing Center at the New Springfield Regional Medical Center Includes:
- An ultra-modern, Level II facility with state-of-the-art labor and delivery and post-partum rooms equipped for both routine and high-risk births.
- An experienced nursing staff in labor and delivery, newborn and post-partum care.
- The only Level II nursery in the area staffed round-the-clock by newborn physicians who specialize in premature and other high-risk infant deliveries.
- A perinatologist is on call who provides consultations for high-risk maternity patients.
- Designated surgical facilities, located within the Birthing Center for women who require Caesarean deliveries.
- Childbirth education classes
The Birthing Center
Springfield Regional Medical Center