Compensation and benefits
Per hospital policy, insurance is available for all residents and dependents. We offer:
- Prescription drug
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Optional supplemental insurance
- Professional liability
Paid Time Off
Each resident receives 20 days of paid time off and four conference days.
- Sign on bonus: Fellows receive an annual sign-on/retention bonus of $2,500 (pretax).
- Moving expenses: $1,000 relocation allowance, subject to current tax laws and hospital policy
- Meals: Monthly allowance for meals, additional stipend for call coverage
- Parking: Free parking on all Mercy campuses
- Fitness facilities: Free membership to on-campus fitness center
- AAP membership
- Lab coats (two per academic year, ordered through program)
- BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS certification
- Occupational health services
- Work/life services and support through LifeMatters®
- Access to medical library and computerized literature
- Direct payroll deposit
- Tax-deferred annuities
Lifestyle in the Area
Toledo is a mid-size city with an affordable cost of living, manageable traffic, and many amenities. We have the Toledo Zoo, Toledo Mud Hens at Fifth Third Field and the Huntington Center which hosts national entertainment. If you like the outdoors, we have Metro Parks with trails and sites to bring you and nature closer together. The downtown business renovation brings a variety of nightlife options.
Call is home call and we ensure it is reasonable to provide fellow well-being and life balance.