Manage Your Blood Thinners with Confidence
Don’t wonder any longerAt the Mercy Health Anticoagulation Clinics, we’ll help you reduce the risks of warfarin (Coumadin®) and other blood thinners. We’ll watch out for interactions. And we’ll make sure your medications are working as well as they can.
We can help
At our clinic, you’ll speak directly with a licensed pharmacist certified in anticoagulation management. It’s a perfect time to ask questions and report any changes. Here’s how we keep you safe and help manage your medication:
- Conduct monthly blood tests to monitor and manage Coumadin® (warfarin)
- Keep a close eye on your PT/INR numbers
- Look for any side effects or interaction
- Review of all your medications
- Check blood pressure regularly
- Manage Coumadin® (warfarin) dosing and make necessary dose changes right away
- Refill Coumadin® (warfarin) prescriptions
- Education and management on the newer Novel Oral Anticoagulants (NOAC) Pradaxa, Eliquis and Xarelto
- Show you which foods, activities and over-the-counter drugs can shift your numbers
- Share results directly with your doctor
Referrals are required for these services. Please have your doctor call our clinic.
Knowing your costs
Visits are generally covered by private insurance, Medicaid and Medicare. If your plan has a copay, you may need to pay that at each visit. Check with your health plan to see what your costs may be.