If you’re thinking about getting pregnant, it’s important to take care of yourself first- both physically and emotionally. There are many factors that contribute to a healthy pregnancy, and ultimately a healthy baby. Taking action now is the perfect way to become a great parent – even before you get pregnant.
Mercy Health offers a variety of preconception health services. Our OB/GYN team are experts in women’s reproductive health. They can meet with you before you get pregnant to talk about steps you can take to reduce any risks for both you and your baby.
A preconception visit may include the following topics of discussion:
- Personal medical history, including reproductive and surgical history
- Family medical history
- Current medications
- Proper diet
- Proper weight and exercise
- Lifestyle factors, including smoking, drinking and use of recreational drugs
- Daily vitamins
- Home and workplace environment
- Identifying domestic violence
Find a Doctor
Gynecologists and obstetricians near you
Find a Location
OB/GYN locations near you