Orthopedic physical therapy and rehabilitation, also known as musculoskeletal rehabilitation, focuses on treatment and rehabilitation of conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system. Mercy Health’s dedicated team of rehabilitation specialists provides a full range of comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services to treat problems with bones, muscles and the nervous system and help our patient’s get back to the life they enjoy.
Using highly specialized care and advanced therapies, Mercy Health rehabilitation therapists, in partnership with your orthopedic surgeon, will develop a personalized therapy plan based on your individual needs that works for you and your lifestyle. Your hospital care team will assist you with achieving mobility, balance and range of motion, so you may safely return home.
Outpatient therapists will help restore function and maximize recovery following illness, disease or injury through specialized programs, including:
- Physical therapy – during physical therapy, a licensed physical therapist will assess your injury and physical ability and develop a plan just for you. Your plan will include flexibility and strengthening exercises, balance exercises and endurance training to help you move better and return to your desired activities.
- Hand therapy – hand therapy is performed by an occupational therapist or physical therapist who has special training in conditions of the hands and arms. This therapy benefits individuals with traumatic or sports injuries of the hand, wrist or elbow, as well as carpel tunnel, arthritis, and tennis elbow.
- Athletic training services – athletic trainers partner with physical therapists to support your rehabilitation care plan, providing specialized training so you can return to the sport you love.
Orthopedic Rehabilitation Service We Offer
- Aquatic therapy
- Anti-gravity training
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Gait training, to improve mobility for standing and walking
- Post-operative programs for hip, knee, and shoulder joint replacement
- Return-to-play program
- Sportsmetrics injury prevention
Find a Location
Orthopedic rehabilitation locations near you