Check your Sleep Health
A good night’s sleep is important to your well-being. Most people spend roughly one-third of their lives asleep, so you can see how the quality of sleep directly affects the quality of life. Once detected, most sleep disorders can be corrected.
This simple test below is designed to alert you to the possibility of a sleep disorder. Note any condition that you have experienced in the past year.
- I have difficulty falling asleep
- I wake up during the night and have trouble going back to sleep.
- I have been told that I snore.
- I suddenly wake up gasping for air during the night.
- I have been told that I stop breathing while sleeping.
- I feel tired or sleepy during the day even though I sleep all night
- I have high blood pressure.
- When I am angry or surprised I feel like I am going limp.
- I experience vivid dream-like scenes upon falling asleep or awakening.
- No matter how hard I try to stay awake, I sometimes fall asleep anyway.
- I wake up with heartburn.
- I take antacids frequently.
- I have gained weight in the past year.
- I have been told that I kick at night.
- I sometimes have leg cramps that keep me awake or awaken me at night.
If you noted two or more items, you might be suffering from a sleep disorder.
This test is intended as a general source of information. It should not be used for diagnosis or treatment. Only a thorough sleep evaluation by a sleep specialist can determine if you have a sleep disorder.