Temporary Visitor Restrictions
For the health of our patients, visitors, health care providers and communities, we have the following visitor restrictions in place:
- Designated respiratory units
- COVID-19 patients in ICU
- All admitted patients (excluding COVID-19 patients)
- Emergency Department patients (excluding COVID-19 patients)
- End-of-life situations or when essential for well-being or care
- Community clergy / spiritual support
- Mother/baby and NICU
- Children under 12
- People with signs or symptoms of illness (Fever, cough, sore throat, aches etc) are not permitted to visit
- Visitors must be age 15 and older
- We recommend people who are at high risk for severe illness to not visit at this time
We recognize that this can be disappointing to our visitors, patients and residents, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your family. The health of you and our patients/residents is our top priority.
We welcome your closest loved ones – called “primary supports” – to visit you 24 hours a day, generally speaking. We encourage them to play an active role in your healing journey, supporting you physically and emotionally:
- At times it may be necessary to limit the number of people in your room for the safety and security of our patients. We ask for your understanding during these times.
- Our general visiting hours are 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- An adult must accompany children younger than 16 at all times.
- Visitors who are ill or not feeling well should wait until they feel better before visiting.
- We ask that visitors not sit on a patient’s bed for both the safety and comfort of the guest and patient.
- Many of our patients are on special diets. Please check with the nurse before bringing any food to a patient.
- Please ask your unit representative for their specific quiet time hours.
- We welcome guide dogs, pet therapy and pet visits, but to help ensure the safety of our patients, we ask that you please prearrange and coordinate these visits in advance. Talk to your nurse or unit representative if you are interested in a pet visit.
Parking is free. We also offer free valet parking for much of the day and evening at the main entrance Monday – Friday.
Flowers, Packages, and Mail
Volunteers graciously deliver mail and flowers directly to patient rooms throughout the day, Monday through Friday. Fresh flowers are welcome in all patient rooms except the Intensive Care Unit and the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit. Any mail that is received at the Medical Center after your discharge will be forward directly to your home.
Food and Dining
High Street Café
The café is one the first floor of the medical center, off the main lobby. It’s open to all, and offers a wide selection of meals, healthy snacks and beverages. You can eat there or ask for carry out.
Monday – Friday
- 6:30 – 10:00 a.m. breakfast
- 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. lunch and dinner
- 2:00 – 3:30 a.m. late dinner
Weekend hours (Saturday, Sunday and holidays)
- 6:30 – 9:30 a.m. breakfast
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. lunch
- 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. dinner
- 2:00 – 3:30 a.m. late dinner
You can find coffee and snacks at Starbucks in the main lobby.
- Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Room Service meals for visitors are available from 6:30 a.m. – 6: 30 p.m. Call 3999 from any hospital phone, or 419-226-4353 from outside or on mobile. There is a cost for this service.
St. Rita’s Auxiliary maintains a beautiful Gift Shop in the main lobby of the Medical Center. Stocked with gift items, balloons, flowers, cards, baby items, specialty and holiday items and much more, the Gift Shop has something for everyone. The Shop has a wide selection of magazines, novelty items, candy, snacks as well as stamps and thank you notes.
The gift shop is open seven days a week:
- Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 1:00 – 5 :00p.m.
You can access the Internet through computers in the health resource center in the main lobby or via our free Wi-Fi service. Our guest network is MercyGuest.
MyChart Bedside is also a portal to such internet services as Facebook and email.
ATM and Banking Services
A full service Superior Credit Union is located in the main lobby. Two ATMS are located on the first floor. One is by the gift shop and another is outside the cafeteria.
Because Mercy Health — St. Rita's Medical Center attracts patients from a 10-county region, housing for family members of our most critically ill or injured patients is an important convenience.
To accommodate people traveling a distance, the Medical Center opened the doors to a Hospitality House. Located on the sixth floor of the 718 W. Market Street building, the Hospitality House features 5 guestrooms, a kitchen, a living room with comfortable couches, chairs and a television as well as shower facilities and a phone. The kitchen is stocked with basic amenities. Bed linens and towels are also provided. To ensure the family is alerted to any change in the patient's conditions, they are given a pager during their stay at the medical center.
The cost to stay overnight in the Hospitality House is $10. Half of that money is refundable when the guest returns their key and pager. Families can check in and out of the accommodations through Admitting, located just off the main lobby behind Guest Services. Family members of loved ones undergoing open heart surgery are encouraged to stay in the Hospitality House.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing and have need for an interpreter for effective communication, qualified interpreters are available 24 hours a day at no cost to you. St. Rita’s may provide auxiliary aids, written materials in alternative formats and reasonable modifications in policies and procedures to qualified individuals with disabilities. These services are provided free of charge. If you or your companion needs these services, please inform our staff. For issues or concerns, call the Patient Experience Department at 419-226-9745.
Send a Get Well Greeting Online
With this free online greeting card service, Mercy Health — St. Rita's Medical Center makes it easy to send words of cheer and encouragement to loved ones while they are in the hospital. Online greetings can be sent to any inpatient currently admitted.
To send your on-line greeting, following this link, then select the stationery and message you prefer, and type in a personal message. When you have completed the simple form, click on "Preview Card" to view the card you have designed or "Send Card" to deliver it to the hospital.
Our volunteers will deliver the greeting to your friend or family member. The greetings are printed and delivered twice a day, Monday through Friday. To help facilitate delivery, please include the patient's first and last name, and if possible, the room number. Please keep in mind that the content of your online greeting is not confidential. It will be seen by the member of our volunteer staff who prepares it for delivery.
Any cards received after Noon, will be delivered the following morning Monday through Friday. If after Noon on Friday, the greeting will be delivered on Monday morning. If the patient has been dismissed, the greeting will not be forwarded.
Health Resource Center
The Health Resource Center offers access to free health information through a collection of books, medical education materials, magazines and online resources. The Center is in the main lobby and is open:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.