Lima’s leader in high-quality health care
Since 1918, Mercy Health — St. Rita's Medical Center has been providing quality health care to the people of Lima and west central Ohio. More people prefer St. Rita's for medical care than any other hospital in the 10-county region we serve. Our comprehensive high-quality medical services include The Henry & Beverly Hawk Vascular & Heart Center at St. Rita's, St. Rita's Orthopedic Care Center, trauma and emergency, comprehensive cancer treatment, women's health, maternity, pediatrics, sports medicine and rehabilitation, behavioral health services, homecare and hospice.
As a member of Mercy Health, the largest health system in Ohio and one of the largest health systems in the United States, it is our Mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities. In 2017, St. Rita’s invested more than $44 million in community benefit into the communities where we provide care, most of it targeted to people who are poor and under-served. Together with more than 3,000 employees, physicians and volunteers, we are fulfilling our promise, providing area residents with outstanding health and wellness services and improving the health of the communities we serve.
Awards and Recognition
- 2018 100 Top Hospital® by IBM Watson Health, and is one of only 13 to be named an Everest award winner for fastest-improving over five years.
- “A” in the Spring 2018 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
- Modern Healthcare’s 2017 Best Places to Work.
- ADA recognition for Diabetes Education Program.
- American Heart Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Bronze Quality Achievement Award.