Temporary Visitor Restrictions
No visitors are allowed for patients diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 (exception is made in instances of end of life.)
For all other patients, the following policies apply to visitors to the hospital:
- One visitor at a time will be allowed for each admitted patient
- One visitor will be allowed to accompany a patient in the ER
- Two visitors are allowed for a patient in labor. One visitor is allowed following delivery
- The Emergency Room parking lot is for ER patients and their visitors only. All other visitors are asked to park and enter at the front entrance of the hospital.
- All visitors must be at least 15 years of age and are asked to conclude visits by 5 p.m. each day
- No visitors with signs or symptoms of illness will be permitted and all visitors must pass a temperature check and screening to be allowed entry to the hospital
- All visitors are required to bring a mask and must wear it at all times within the hospital (including while in a patient room.) The only exception is when eating and drinking. Individuals too medically compromised to wear masks may not visit at this time. These individuals could be silent carriers and are more pre-dispositioned to acquire COVID-19.
- A visitor will be required to remain in a patient’s room even when the patient is not present. A visitor may leave only to purchase food but must return to the patient’s room to eat
- Members of the clergy can visit by request of a patient but will count as that patient’s visitor
- Visiting guidelines may differ in the hospital’s specialty units, such as behavioral health, which currently is not open to visitation. It is recommended to call in advance before visiting a loved one in a specialty unit.
Mercy Health — Lourdes Hospital recommends that anyone at high risk for severe illness, such as older adults or those with serious underlying conditions, not visit at this time.
Mercy Health — Lourdes Hospital offers free wireless internet access to patients and visitors. Feel free to bring your WiFi enabled laptop or hand-held device with you to your next appointment/visit.
To protect the health of our patients, visitors and associates, smoking is prohibited on the Lourdes campus. This includes all buildings, parking lots, and grounds.