Temporary Visitor Restrictions
While continuing to ensure patient safety and well-being, Mercy Health – Lourdes Hospital has announced new visitor restrictions will go into place starting Monday, Nov. 9 due to the increased spread of COVID-19 in the region.
Visitors to the hospital must enter through the main entrance only. The hours for visitation will be strictly limited to 6 – 9 a.m. and 4 – 7 p.m. Only one visitor will be allowed per patient with the only exceptions being end-of-life situations and two visitors allowed for patients in labor (after delivery the one visitor per patient policy will apply.) No visitors are currently allowed in the ER (exceptions will be granted for end-of-life situations).
- No visitors are allowed for patients diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 (exception is made in instances of end of life.) Additional visitation rules include:
- All visitors must be at least 15 years of age
- No visitors with signs or symptoms of illness will be permitted and all visitors must pass a temperature check and screening to be allowed entry to the hospital
- All visitors are required to bring a mask and must wear it at all times within the hospital (including while in a patient room.) The only exception is when eating and drinking
- A visitor will be required to remain in a patient’s room even when the patient is not present. A visitor may leave only to purchase food but must return to the patient’s room to eat
- Members of the clergy can visit by request of a patient but will count as that patient’s visitor
Visiting guidelines may differ in the hospital’s specialty units, such as behavioral health, which currently is not open to visitation. It is recommended to call in advance before visiting a loved one in a specialty unit.
Mercy Health – Lourdes Hospital recommends that anyone at high risk for severe illness, such as older adults or those with serious underlying conditions, not visit at this time.
Mercy Health — Lourdes Hospital offers free wireless internet access to patients and visitors. Feel free to bring your WiFi enabled laptop or hand-held device with you to your next appointment/visit.
To protect the health of our patients, visitors and associates, smoking is prohibited on the Lourdes campus. This includes all buildings, parking lots, and grounds.