Temporary Visitor Restrictions
Inpatient Units (with the exception of the Behavioral Health unit and Intensive Care units)
2 visitor per patient at a time during the hours of 7a to 7p.
1 Visitor per patient, per day
Patients under age 18
2 Parent/Guardian with a child
Behavioral Health Unit
No visitation at this time
1 visitor per patient (if waiting room exceeds capacity, visitor must wait in car until patient is in a bay)
At this time, no child under the age of 16 is permitted into the hospital.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
We offer flexible visitation consistent with your wishes and our visitor guidelines. In an effort to maintain a healing environment, please follow the guidelines below.
- We recommend one to two people visit at a time.
- For the protection of our patients, and to prevent the spread of germs, visitors must wash their hands before and after visiting.
- If patients are in Isolation Precautions, their visitors will be instructed on what isolations items need to be worn prior to entering the room. Visitors also will be instructed on proper handwashing.
- Due to infection control reasons, children under the age of 6 are discouraged from visiting. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under age 14 are discouraged from ICU visitation. Special arrangements for brief visitation may be made at the discretion of the unit manager.
- Persons with any signs of communicable disease / infection are not permitted to visit patients.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in a proper manner and must be properly attired.
- We ask that visitors do not smoke and that they be considerate of other patients by keeping the noise to a minimum.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the patient’s room during tests or treatments.
- One family member is welcome to spend the night in the patient’s room if they are age 18 or older.
Night Visitation Guidelines
Between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., visitors must register with the Mercy Health Police Department (MHPD) as they enter through the Emergency Department. The MHPD will issue each visitor a sticker to wear while they are in the hospital during these hours.
Parking for patients and visitors is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Handicap spaces are located closest to the hospital.
Flowers, Packages, and Mail
A hospital volunteer will deliver mail and packages to our patients. We will forward any mail received after discharge to the patient’s home address.
Food and Dining
The Terrace Café
The Terrace Café is located on the second floor.
Café hours are 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Family members and friends who wish to eat with you may have a guest tray delivered to your room. The hostess will assist in arranging this for an additional fee.
The Gift Shoppe is located on the second floor near the Terrace Café and opposite the chapel. Please check the posting outside the Gift Shoppe for hours. You will find many newborn specialty items there.
ATM and Banking Services
An ATM is located on the first floor next to the vending machines, beyond the grand staircase.