Temporary Visitor Restrictions
Inpatient Units (with the exception of the Behavioral Health unit and Intensive Care units)
1 visitor per patient at a time during the hours of 7a to 7p.
1 Visitor per patient, per day
Patients under age 18
2 Parent/Guardian with a child
Behavioral Health Unit or Covid-19 Positive Patients
No visitation at this time
1 visitor per patient (if waiting room exceeds capacity, visitor must wait in car until patient is in a bay)
At this time, no child under the age of 16 is permitted into the hospital.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
We offer flexible visitation consistent with your wishes and our visitor guidelines. In an effort to maintain a healing environment, please follow the guidelines below.
- We recommend one to two people visit at a time.
- For the protection of our patients, and to avoid the spread of germs, visitors must wash their hands before and after visiting.
- If patients are in Isolation Precautions, their visitors will be instructed on what isolations items need to be worn prior to entering the room. Visitors also will be instructed on proper handwashing.
- Due to infection control reasons, children under the age of 6 are discouraged from visiting. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under age 14 are discouraged from ICU visitation. Special arrangements for brief visitation may be made at the discretion of the unit manager.
- Persons with any signs of communicable disease / infection are not permitted to visit patients.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in a proper manner and must be properly attired.
- Park Avenue Main Lobby Entrance: open 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. After 7:00 p.m., visitors are directed to the MHYPD on the 2nd level (street level) of the Park Avenue Parking Deck to register and obtain a visitor sticker.
- Park Avenue Driveway Ramp: open 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. After 7:00 p.m., visitors coming for visitation are directed to park in the Park Avenue Parking Deck. Handicap parking is available in both the SEYH Parking Deck and Emergency Department parking lot.
- Belmont Avenue Entrance: Open 4:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Closed all day Saturday and Sunday.
Night Visitation Guidelines
Between 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., visitors must register with the Mercy Health Youngstown Police Department (MHYPD) before they enter the hospital. The MHYPD will issue each visitor a sticker to wear while they are in the hospital during these hours. Visitors may register and obtain their sticker at the Emergency Department entrance or in the MHYPD, on the 2nd level (street level) of the Park Avenue parking Deck.
If needed, car retrieval for patients and visitors who depart after 6:00 p.m. should be established in conjunction with the Mercy Health Police Department.
For the emergency entrance, car retrieval for patients and visitors who depart after 10:00 p.m. should be established in conjunction with the Mercy Health Police Department.
Parking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the parking deck. A $3 flat rate is paid upon exit. For your convenience, you may purchase a parking token before returning to your car. Token machines are in the lobby area near the revolving door, on the bridge leading to the parking deck, and outside the Mercy Health Police Department office, located on the street level of the parking deck.
Be sure to lock your car. If you need help with your vehicle, please call Mercy Health Police Department at ext. 3288.
Food and Dining
Vending machines with beverages and snacks are located on the second floor near the cafeteria. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Family members or friends of our patients may want to dine with you at your bedside. Guest trays cost $5 per person for breakfast and $8 for lunch or dinner and may be purchased at the cafeteria. After payment, your guest will give the register receipt to your floor hostess and order their mail using the phone in your room.
Our Cafeteria is located on the second floor.
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Lunch and Dinner: 10:45 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Overnight: 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.
The Espresso Café offers Starbucks coffee, fruit drinks, smoothies, sandwiches, yogurts, salads and muffins. It is located on the second floor of the South Pavilion.
Espresso Café Hours
Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The gift shop is located on the second floor of the South Pavilion.
Gift Shop Hours
Monday through Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The beauty shop is available to male and female patients as well as the general public, by appointment. Instead of flowers, family or friends may want to consider giving you a gift of a salon service.
Located on the first floor of the West building, the Cut ‘n Curl Clinic is open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday or other times by appointment. Dial ext. 3263 from inside the hospital or 330-480-3263 from outside the hospital for more information. Bedside service is also available.
ATM and Banking Services
An ATM is located in the main lobby.
Because we value the health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors, smoking is prohibited on all hospital property, including the grounds, sidewalks and garages. Tobacco alternatives are offered to each patient where it is medically appropriate, upon admission. Patients may not leave the hospital to smoke. Doing so may result in immediate discharge against medical advice for noncompliance with hospital rules for patient safety.