The Mercy Health — Toledo Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) is a grant funded outpatient program that offers services to victims of crimes. Mercy Health — Toledo TRC is the only Trauma Recovery Center of its kind in NWO. It provides services to children, adults and their family members.
What services will the TRC provide?
- The program will provide services, including the following:
- Clinical Case management and advocacy for victims of crime
- Trauma- Focused Counseling to children and adults along with their family members
- Screening and interventions for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Screening for alcohol and drug abuse-interventions, treatment and/or linkage for additional services
- Group therapy
- Legal and court advocacy to assist the victim with information and education including assistance with filing for victims’ crime compensation
- Assistance with resources such as emergency housing, legal, transportation, food and clothing and other resources
- Education and family support on trauma and the journey of healing
- Bedside support and counseling if still hospitalized at St. Vincent’s Hospital
The Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) offers trauma-focused therapy to victims of crime at no cost. Treatment is designed to help you or your loved ones recover from traumatic events.
If you’re an adult or child survivor, the first thing to know is that, whatever traumatic event has happened to you, it’s not your fault. The second thing to know is that our program can help you cope and grow beyond your trauma.
We provide Evidence-based therapy from a professional, caring staff. The Mercy Health — Toledo TRC uses a variety of evidence-based therapies that have been shown to help survivors. We personalize your treatment according to your trauma experience.
Our staff includes, licensed social workers, clinical counselors, clinical case managers and a legal court advocate. Our team works with you to coordinate internal and community resources to help you navigate your recovery.
The Court Advocate will assist clients with victims’ information and assistance available, emotional support, help finding resources, provide education about the legal system and offer extensive safety planning for victims.
Who qualifies for our services?
Children or adults who are a victim of a crime. We also offer services to immediate family members for the same counseling and support services because trauma affects the entire family.
Who should I contact for questions or additional program information?
For questions, contact the TRC team at 419-251-0707
Or email us at email@example.com
This publication was supported by a Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grant, award number 2020-VOCA- 132925492, from the US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office for Victims of Crime through the Office of the Ohio Attorney General. Victims of federal crimes will be served.