Welcome to the Mercy Health — Toledo Trauma Recovery Center (TRC)
We offer a wide range of outpatient counseling services to children (ages 6 and older), teens and adults. Through compassionate care and treatment, our goal is to guide you on your journey of restoration and healing.
Our team of therapists are all Certified Clinical Trauma Therapists and offer evidence-based therapy. We have expertise in working with mental health issues including Post traumatic stress disorder, depression, mood disorders, anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, bereavement, loss, major life changes, dealing with chronic illness, grief and childhood or family issues. Our clinicians are highly trained in various treatment approaches. Some include EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy and Trauma Focused CBT to name a few.
Outpatient Therapy (children ages 6+, adolescents, adults) To schedule an appointment call 419-251-0707 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(We are on most insurance panels)
Outpatient Services for Victims of Crime
In addition to regular outpatient services, we also offer services to victims of crime and their loved ones at no cost. If you or a family member have been impacted by a crime in the last three years, you are eligible for our services. The Mercy Health Toledo Trauma Recovery Center, one of the first of its kind in Northwest Ohio, is federally-funded through the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grant administered by the Ohio Attorney General’s office. Being a victim of crime is traumatic. As a survivor, your life can be significantly impacted. Some symptoms may include:
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, major changes in mood
- Trouble moving forward with your life or feeling like you are not your normal self
- Having nightmares or trouble sleeping
- Becoming angry easily or aggressive
- Withdrawing from those you care about
- Difficulty making decisions
- A decline in health
- Difficulty leaving the house
- Feeling overwhelmed, isolated or misunderstood
- Living in fear
What services will the TRC provide if you or a family member is a victim of crime?
- The program will provide services to children and adults
- Clinical Case management, education and family support on your journey of healing
- Trauma- Focused Counseling for children and adults along with their family members
- Legal and court advocacy to assist the victim with information and education including assistance with filing for victims of crime compensation through the Ohio Attorney General’s Office
- Safety planning for victims of domestic violence and other crimes
- Assistance with resources for legal, transportation, food, clothing, emergency housing and other resources
- Screening and interventions for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Screening for alcohol and drug abuse issues and assistance with referral or linkage for additional services
- Group therapy for grief, loss and trauma
- Bedside support and counseling if you are still hospitalized at St. Vincent’s Hospital from your trauma
We are here to help and we look forward to talking with you!
To schedule an appointment or to talk with us, please call 419-251-0707 or email us at email@example.com
The TRC is a Safe at Home provider for victims of crime. This means that we have the ability to safeguard victim’s addresses through the state of Ohio. This protects the person’s address so that it is not traceable to the public. There are only five of these providers in Lucas County. This is a program through the Ohio Secretary of State.
This publication was supported by a Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grant, award number 2022-VOCA-134719058, from the US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office for Victims of Crime through the Office of the Ohio Attorney General. Victims of federal crimes will be served.