The Mercy Health — Toledo Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) offers a wide range of counseling services to children (ages 6 and older), teens and adults. Every service is delivered by a compassionate team that specializes in restoration and healing.
Our outpatient therapists offer evidence-based therapy and are all Certified Clinical Trauma Therapists. Our team is skilled in working with all types of issues including Post traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, dealing with illness, grief and loss.
For Victims of Crime
We offer services to victims of crime and their loved ones at no cost. If you or an immediate family member has been impacted by a crime in the last three years, you are eligible for our services. The Mercy Health Toledo Trauma Recovery Center, one of the first of its kind in Northwest Ohio, is federally-funded through a Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grant administered by the Ohio Attorney General’s office. As a survivor of trauma, your life can be significantly impacted. Some symptoms may include:
- Having nightmares or trouble sleeping at night
- Becoming angry and aggressive
- You find yourself withdrawing from those you care about
- It’s difficult to make decisions
- You are ill more often than normal
- It’s difficult to leave the house
- The feeling of being overwhelmed, isolated or misunderstood
What services will the TRC provide to victims of crime?
- The program will provide services to children and adults
- Clinical Case management and advocacy for victims of crime
- Trauma- Focused Counseling to children and adults along with their family members
- Screening and interventions for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Screening for alcohol and drug abuse-interventions, treatment and/or linkage for additional services
- Group therapy
- Legal and court advocacy to assist the victim with information and education including assistance with filing for victims’ crime compensation
- Assistance with resources such as emergency housing, legal, transportation, food and clothing and other resources
- Education and family support on trauma and the journey of healing
- Bedside support and counseling if still hospitalized at St. Vincent’s Hospital
The Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) offers trauma-focused therapy to victims of crime at no cost. Treatment is designed to help you or your loved ones recover from traumatic
Our staff includes: licensed social workers, clinical counselors, clinical case managers and a legal court advocate. Our team works with you to coordinate internal and community resources to help you navigate your recovery.
The Court Advocate will assist clients with victims’ information and assistance available, emotional support, help finding resources, provide education about the legal system and offer extensive safety planning for victims.
Who should I contact for questions or additional program information?
For questions, contact the TRC team at 419-251-0707
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This publication was supported by a Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grant, award number 2020-VOCA- 132925492, from the US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office for Victims of Crime through the Office of the Ohio Attorney General. Victims of federal crimes will be served.