Three levels of care provided include:
Acute inpatient care
- For patients needing acute pain control and/or symptom management
- Covered by Medicare and Medicaid and most private insurance
- This is a planned stay that gives the caregiver time to rest.
- Covered up to five days per benefit period by Medicare/Medicaid and most private plans
Routine care (temporary care)
- When there is lack of a caregiver
- When the care needed exceeds the caregiver’s abilities
- When patient’s safety in the home setting is compromised
- Stay is usually short-term, up to 21 days
- Room and board generally not covered by insurance
Other aspects of care include:
- 24-hour hospice nursing care
- State-of-the-art pain control and symptom management
- Social services for emotional support, counseling and discharge planning
- Chaplains for spiritual care
- Daily physician visits
- Home-like accommodations
- Unlimited visitation (family, friends, pets)
- Grief support services for adults and children
New Life Hospice Center of St. Joseph is Medicare and Medicaid certified and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
For information or to make a referral, please call 440-934-1458.