Comprehensive offerings, compassionate care
The inpatient unit of Mercy Rehabilitation Center is an accredited facility that provides 24-hour nursing care and rehabilitation physician supervision seven days a week. Our multidisciplinary team of physician, nurses and therapists are committed to meeting the needs of patients with physical, emotional and communication impairments that affect their ability to function in daily life. This interdisciplinary team serves adults who have incurred loss of function due to disabling illness or injury.
Some of the more common causes of the need for inpatient treatment include:
- Spinal cord injury (traumatic and non-traumatic)
- Hip fracture
- Neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and Guillian Barre
- Orthopedic problems
- Cardiac events
- Pulmonary issues
- Multiple trauma
A focus on the whole person
Our multidisciplinary team approach to care enables us to design individualized care plans that address the unique needs of each patient. Physical comfort and emotional support are key elements of our program. We offer:
Physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapy to meet patients full potential
- 24-hour acute medical and nursing care as needed
- Rehabilitation-trained registered nurses
- Support groups, education and wellness programs
- Case management to assist families with concerns and needs
- Support in the transition to greater independence and to outpatient therapy in either North Ridgeville or Amherst
- CARF-certified unit (the only accredited rehab unit in Lorain County)
The 31-bed inpatient rehabilitation center is located on the 2nd floor of Mercy Regional Medical Center in Lorain, at 3700 Kolbe Road. For information, please call 440-960-3924.
Click below to watch the video on the Mercy Rehabilitation Center.