As we receive vaccine from the state, Mercy Health will schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments for those identified in the 1A and 1B tiers of the vaccination plan outlined by The Kentucky Department for Public Health.
We appreciate your patience as we work through the process of providing vaccines to those in our communities.
- Tier 1A is for healthcare workers such as physicians, nurses, dentists and technologists.
- Tier 1B includes first responders, anyone age 70 or older, and K-12 school personnel.
At this time, there is limited vaccine supply and we schedule patients as the vaccine is available. We expect these appointments to fill up quickly and appreciate your patience as we work through the process of providing vaccines to those in our communities.
Schedule a Vaccine
If you qualify for the vaccine as a Phase 1A or 1B recipient, log in to your MyChart account or call the Mercy Health COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST to schedule your appointment or to get additional information about the Mercy Health locations which are offering the COVID-19 vaccine.
To be 94% effective, it’s important that you receive two doses of one of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- If you are receiving the Pfizer vaccine, your second shot will be scheduled as close to 21 days after the first shot as possible.
- If you are receiving the Moderna vaccine, your second shot will be scheduled as close to 28 days after the first shot as possible.
Because of the limited COVID-19 vaccine supply, we are unable to guarantee whether you will receive the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine until you arrive at your appointment.
What to bring to your appointment
You will need to bring the following items to your appointment:
- A mask (if you do not have a mask, one will be provided)
- Form of identification. If you are in one of the essential work groups listed in Kentucky’s Tier 1A or Tier 1B, please bring an additional form of identification for verification.
- Insurance card
- An attestation form is available for you to print and complete prior to your appointment.
Patients visiting our Mercy Health Physicians practices and clinics are encouraged to come without visitors, but one person will be allowed to accompany the patient to a visit if needed to ensure appropriate understanding and implementation of care plans discussed at the visit or to support physical needs of the patient.
Canceling your COVID-19 vaccine appointment
Please note that there is limited COVID-19 vaccine supply and we schedule patients as the vaccine is available. If you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, we will not be able to reschedule your appointment at the time of cancellation and you will need to restart the scheduling process when we receive additional vaccine.
To cancel a confirmed appointment, please log-in to your MyChart account or call 866-624-0366 and press three.