Mercy Health Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Runner’s Symposium - Anderson Township
Just in time for start of race training season, Mercy Health – Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is hosting the third annual Runner’s Symposium. The symposium takes place from 1-4:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 26, at Mercy Health - Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Five Mile, located at 7575 Five Mile Road, Suite B, Cincinnati, Ohio 45230. Registration opens at 12:30 p.m.
Presented in conjunction with Tri-State Running Company, the symposium invites running community members of all ages and experience levels to learn how to achieve their running goals, avoid injury and understand the importance of maintaining an active schedule.
Experts will present running strategies based on evidence, best practices and experience that integrate anatomy, physiology and injury prevention and they will also discuss when and how runners should reach out to professionals for help when they need it.
Speakers and topics include:
- Dr. Nicholas A. Early, board-eligible orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery, will highlight articular cartilage defects and running
- Kerry Lee, 2017 Female Flying Pig Winner, shares her experiences as a runner and coach
- Eric Hunziker, accomplished Ultramarathoner and coach, provides information about training mistakes
- Ashley Meuser, registered and licensed dietitian, will give helpful tips on diet and hydration leading up to a race day
- John Cappella, 2019 Flying Pig Marathon Race Director, offers you a unique perspective into your race day goals
The symposium will include three interactive breakout sessions on flexibility, cadence training and hip activation, all of which can have an immediate impact on participants’ running success. New this year: The event will conclude with a panel of experts in the field, including accomplished runners and health care professionals, to answer attendees’ questions.
Tickets are $20, $15 for students. For more details and to register, click HERE.