A Day of Wellness At Mercy Health Bond Hill Office
Kent Robinson, MD of Mercy Health – Avondale Internal Medicine is once again hosting “A Day of Wellness.” For 20 years, this free, annual community health fair has addressed emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health.
“A Day of Wellness” takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 12 at Mercy Health’s Bond Hill campus, located at 1701 Mercy Health Place, Cincinnati 45237. It’s free and open to the public.
“A Day of Wellness” has something for everyone, including many different free health screenings, as well as presentations focused on wellness of mind, body and spirit, health and exercise workshops for men and women of all ages, demonstrations and other activities as detailed below:
- Deborah Brock-Blanks, Strategies for Wellness, Breath, Awareness and Movement
- Dr. Mawusi Ashshakir presents Women's Health Priorities
Jeff Moran, Tai Chi
Dr. Marcia Bowling presents Cancer Screening, An Ounce of Prevention
Mama Dinah Yisrael, storytelling, arts and crafts and other youth activities
- Dr. Ayanna Robinson presents Our Food, Food Environment and Wellness
- Seriyah Israel, Belly Dancing
Salaama Al-Amin, Reiki
- Dr. Joe Hackworth presents Maintaining a Healthy Heart
- Viola Brown, Line dancing
- Jeaunita Olowe, Zumba
Panel discussion: A Sound Mind, Beyond the Blues - Recognizing Depression in the Black Community
Panel Discussion: Mother and Father of Wisdom – Maintaining Wellness into Old Age
Debra McCollum, Yoga
- Dr. Esly Caldwell presents A Layman's Guide to the Secrets of Chinese Medicine
- Yep Fitness, Move and Be Well
A Mercy Health mobile mammography van will be on site throughout the event offering women their annual screenings. For best coverage, please verify that Mercy Health - Cincinnati and The Jewish Hospital are in-network providers with your insurance carrier. If you are uninsured or underinsured (have high deductibles), we have financial need-based assistance programs available to help you. Call 513-686-3300 for more information.
There will also be healthy food to sample and gift drawings.