Fashions to a Tea: Breast Cancer Survivor Event
Springfield announces that Urbana Hospital is hosting the 21st Annual Fashions to a Tea event on Thursday, October 11, at the Champaign County Fairgrounds, located at 384 Park Ave, Urbana, OH 43078.
This year’s theme is “Hats Off to Breast Cancer Survivors: Kentucky Derby Style!” While there is no dress code, Derby style is the theme. Fashions to a Tea is intended to educate, empower, encourage and embrace people who are at risk for breast cancer.
Tickets are $15 and include reserved seating, dinner, wine, fashion show, access to silent auction, and early access to vendor booths. Proceeds support services to breast cancer patients in need in Champaign County. Tickets are available at Eventbrite.com (search “Fashions to a Tea”).
The event schedule runs as follows:
- 5 p.m. - Silent Auction: Discover unique jewelry, beauty products, housewares, accessories and more
- 6 p.m. - Opening address from Kristyn Campbell, chair and Elle Spinner, mistress of ceremonies
- 6:05 p.m. - Proclamation from The Honorable Bill Bean, mayor of Urbana
- 6:10 p.m. - Invocation from Reverend Mimi Ault, Pastor of United Methodist Church, Mechanicsburg
- 6:15 p.m. - Survivor and donor recognition; dinner
- 7 p.m. - Fashion event – Models will showcase Derby hats
- 7:40 p.m. - Guest speaker, Jyothi Challa, MD, medical oncologist with OHC, Specialists in Cancer and Blood Disorders, will discuss advancements in cancer treatment
- 7:45 p.m. - Silent auction
Fashion to a Tea is made possible by sponsors Breast Friends Forever of Champaign County and Mercy Health - Urbana Hospital and our generous underwriters.