Mercy Health – Fairfield Hospital Invites You to Get Stroke Smart at Jungle Jim’s on Thursday, December 14
Mercy Health - Cincinnati which provides advanced, quality, compassionate care in your neighborhood through its care network, announces that Fairfield Hospital is presenting Get Stroke Smart, a free education event open to the community, at The Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jim’s, located at 5440 Dixie Highway in Fairfield.
Get Stroke Smart runs from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 14, with registration opening at 4:45 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be available. Local 12’s Liz Bonis serves as the master of ceremonies. The evening’s agenda follows below.
- 4:45 p.m. Registration, information tables, blood pressure screening
- 5:30 p.m. Opening remarks from Tom Urban, President and CEO of Mercy Health – Fairfield Hospital
- 5:40 p.m. Time is Brain. Do Not Refrain. Stroke Signs and Symptoms, Roderick Matthew Huff, MD, Emergency Medicine & Regional Medical Director of Stroke Certification
- 6 p.m. Stroke of Genius, Strategies for Stroke Prevention. Richard Fries, MD, Department Chair of Surgery and Dept. Chair of Credentials, vascular surgeon
- 6:20 p.m. Break
- 6:30 p.m. Stroke – The Heart of the Matter, Atrial Fibrillation and risk for stroke. Reza Mehzad, MD, electrophysiologist
- 7 p.m. Love Stroke, Stroke and Recovery of One Young Couple’s Journey: “If we only knew….” Kelly and Brad Marsh present a testimonial of one survivor’s story
- 7:30 p.m. Adjourn
Get Stroke Smart is free but space is limited. Please call or register online today. To register by phone, call 513 603-8601 and ask to speak with Linda or Krissan. To register online, visit Mercy.com, click View All Events and find Get Stroke Smart – Fairfield.