Mercy Health — West Hospital Invites You to get Stroke Smart at Free Community Education and Screening Event on September 28
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, which provides advanced, compassionate, quality care in your neighborhood through its care network, announces that Mercy Health – West Hospital is hosting a free stroke education event on Thursday, September 28.
The event features expert presentations and screenings and is open to the community. It takes place in the auditorium of West Hospital, located off North Bend Road, just south of I-74 at 3300 Mercy Health Blvd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45211.
Stroke is the fifth leading killer in the United States but by getting stroke smart, you can help prevent stroke or recognize the symptoms to ensure you get medical care as soon as possible.
Agenda, speaker and topics follow below:
- 5:15–5:30 p.m. Welcome/West Hospital Update, Michael Kramer, Mercy Health West Market President & CEO
- 5:30–6 p.m. Time is Brain. Do not Refrain. Stroke signs, symptoms and treatments, presented by Roderick Matthew Huff, MD, Emergency Medicine & Regional Medical Director of Stroke Certification, and Richard Kuntz’ survivor story
- 6:10–6:40 p.m. Conversations of a Lifetime, The Importance of Advanced Directives, presented by Barbara Rose, MPH, RN, Hospice of Cincinnati
- 6:50–7:20 p.m. Stroke of Genius, Strategies for Stroke Prevention, presented by Robert D. Cranley, MD, Mercy Health Physicians - West General, Laparoscopic & Vascular Surgery
- 7:30–8 p.m. The Open Carotid Artery: Stroke Reduction & Prevention, a case history presentation by L. Richard Rodersheimer, MD, Mercy Health Physicians - West General, Laparoscopic & Vascular Surgery
The event also offers free carotid screenings for attendees with two or more of the following risk factors:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Smoking history
- A family history of ischemic stroke
To sign up for a carotid screening at this event, first RSVP for the event (see details below), then call 513-215-1121.
This event is free but space is limited. You can register in two easy ways:
- By phone - call 513-95-MERCY, press 2 and then press 1.
- Online - Visit Mercy.com, click News & Events, click Events and find Get Stroke Smart